Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird graphical errors and lines on KS8000...do I need to call the time of death?

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 06:56 AM)
TrueZeldaFan
First Poster
Options

Hey all, had this lovely tv for about 5 years now. Awesome set but we've been noticing this weird graphical error. Sometimes the whole picture will just fade out like I'm watching an overexposed film and it will be completely black and I cant see anything. When I googled some errors I definitely have seen some users with similar issues.  Am I out of luck in regards to repairs on this bad boy? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, how long have you had the Tv? You might have to contact Samsung customer services if its still in warranty, if not it looks like something is faulty.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TrueZeldaFan: Are you watching channels tuned directly to the TV, or do you have an external cable/satellite box connected to it? Is the issue occurring on all channels and sources? If you have an external box connected, try a different HDMI cable, or switching to an alternate HDMI input to see if this helps. Also, as a basic troubleshooting step, try pressing and holding the Power button on your remote control until the TV restarts, or unplugging it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in. I'd also recommend checking for any available updates via Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. 

0 Likes
TrueZeldaFan
First Poster
Options

Yeah about 5 years...the funny thing it seems to go away for fairly long stretches of time and then just starts acting up again. Ill speak with the reps. Thanks!

0 Likes
TrueZeldaFan
First Poster
Options

Thanks Andrew

Yes, TV is up to date and it was happening on my cable box and three of my gaming consoles all on different inputs.... I did do the power cycle last night (unplugged) and then I saw it happen briefly after about 20 minutes.

Funny thing is now it's gone from doing it for over an hour straight last night, but hasnt kicked in yet today, but I have only had the tv on for about 30 minutes. I mean at one point, the screen was completely black so it had gotten pretty bad. I couldn't even press the home button to see the menu. I'll be intrigued to see if it persists. (My wife joked that I'm probably rooting for it to fail so we can upgrade the tv haha) 

Thanks again for the comments.

0 Likes