Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather Network app wont load on new TV ( 55" q6nf)

(Topic created on: 22-01-2019 04:09 PM)
trusselo
Apprentice
Options

I just purchased a 55" q6nf (canadian)

Weather Network app will not load.  stuck on image of wheat feild with spinning dots.

Tried to "re-install app".  Cannot remove app.

So... the built in app for weather doesnt work...

the built in ambient mode weather shows weather from 3000km away... does not show local... or even my timezone... not even the next timezone over...  2 timezones away. 1/12th of the way around the world.  

What is so smart about this TV???

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@trusselo: Is the TV connected to the internet? Where did you purchase the TV from and where abouts are you based? If the TV was intended for use outside your current region then this may explain why the weather application is not providing a local report.
0 Likes
trusselo
Apprentice
Options

yes it is connected to the internet.  youtube and netflix ect... all work fine.

weather app has never loaded once since purchase.

upon purchase it had the newest firmware.

The TV is the Canadian model, purchased from a reputable home furniature chain (the brick),  I am Canadian. I live in Canada. The TV is in Canada. there is no VPN changing my location or hiding my IP...

If i hover over the app, then select up to 'Weather Maps', it still does not load. 

This Weather app is broken.  

MatthewEugene
First Poster
Options

@trusselo wrote:

I just purchased a 55" q6nf (canadian)

Weather Network app will not load.  stuck on image of wheat feild with spinning dots.

Tried to "re-install app".  Cannot remove app.

So... the built in app for weather doesnt work...

the built in ambient mode weather shows weather from 3000km away... does not show local... or even my timezone... not even the next timezone over...  2 timezones away. 1/12th of the way around the world.  

What is so smart about this TV???

Basically the same thing here, except it loaded once. I added one saved location and now it doesn't load. Cold booted the TV. Reinstalled the app and cold booted again.

really don't want to do a full reset and have to enter everything in again.

The TV is great otherwise, but this is silly. The weather app should work.

TheMaverick
First Poster
Options

That's complete rubbish.

The app simply does not work.  I have the same problem in the UK.  Everything set up correctly - but it just keeps going on about network connections when everything else works fine.  I suspect it has more to do with a withdrawn app - or a service no longer available.  This is happening a lot with Samsung TVs - just like Eurosport!  Samsung never bothered to tell anyone or remove it from any updates - they just left it there with the constant 'unable to connect  - check your network settings' message, when in fact they had withdrawn the app ages ago!

And for those that simply say reset the TV - I would ignore that advice too - that's very 'Microsoft' support speak - and often, some peoples only answer to everything when they don't know what the problem is.  For info I have just reset my TV to factory defaults as I wanted to de-tune my satellite channels - and even after that the app does not work, so ignore reset advice in this case.

Apart from about 5 mainstream apps like Netflix, Amazon, YouTube and a few other Catch up TV services, there is nothing of any real use on these TVs and Samsung are not providing ongoing updates for a lot of their TVs.

Best advice is to get a Roku or other streaming device and use that - at least it gets updated.

SandCat
First Poster
Options

Also having the same problem. It worked ok for a few days but was saying I was far away. I finally got it to switch to a more local city..but it won't open for me again. Tried all typical TS steps.

0 Likes
Rick in NB
First Poster
Options

The app does not work!! I installed it and it won't even load up!!

0 Likes
Squally
First Poster
Options

Go over settings but dont cliclick on it. Select the top options where you see the e-manual. Go to the last option peripheral manager. Select the 3rd option and Weather channel, in details clear cache and data.

0 Likes