Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Elements 2TB USB not showing up on QE75Q90RAT

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 11:56 AM)
Chilw
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

When I attach a 2TB WD Elements 3.5" USB 3.0 HDD to any of the USB ports on the One-Connect box, it is not visible to the TV (select source--> ).  There is power as the HDDs LED lights up.

If I attach a 1TB A-Data USB3.0 HDD to any of the USB ports, it is visible and I can access the recordings on it.

Given that in another post  ( https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/televisie/samsung-qled-qe65q7f-external-hard-disc-maximum-capac... ) the user there with a Q7F tv was able to access the same WD HDD - why is it that a later model such as mine cannot?

Is there an update for this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
J736519
First Poster
Options

It could be how the HDD is formatted. FAT32 or NTFS. Please note this is a complete guess based off general IT knowledge rather than any TV experience.

0 Likes
Chilw
Apprentice
Options

Thanks J736519

I forgot to put in the original post - but the A-Data 1TB was  originally FAT-32 formatted (worked).

I then formatted it NTFS - it still works.

The WD Elements is NTFS formatted only.  I haven't tried formatting it in FAT-32 as some files won't fit on it as they exceed the 4GB limitation of FAT-32.

There are a couple of > 4GB files on the NTFS 1TB A-Data HDD which plays on the TV, so large files isn't an issue.

I just think Samsung have yet to deliver a patch to accept large HDDs which is the norm these days..

0 Likes