Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watching TV whist recording another channel

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 05:21 PM)
Birdy1946
First Poster
Options

We have a 2019 4K TV UE43RU7400U, if we watch TV and want to record another channel at the same time it only allows certain channels to record.

Changing the  channel we are watching usually brings up an option to cancel the recording in order to change channel.

Are we doing something wrong or is this how it operates?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Birdy1946: It states in the User Manual that you are only able to record channels that are being received through an aerial, so this may be why you are restricted to certain channels. When you change channel, are you either recording that channel or switching to a channel that's recording? Did you use the Instant Record, or Scheduled Record option?
0 Likes
Birdy1946
First Poster
Options
The problem exists whether we use instant recording or scheduled, if we select to instant record a channel & then change to another channel it often won't allow it.
I can record BBC1 whilst watching BBC 2 at the same time but if I try another channel such as the Drama channel it won't permit it unless I cancel the recording.
0 Likes
Lexta
First Poster
Options

yes I too have this exact same issue and i absolutely HATE this TV.  For such a smart TV it isn't very smart and lots of easy things you cannot do, for example watch one channel and record another.  You could do this 30yrs ago without an issue.  I specifically purchased this TV because we were mounting it on the wall and I wanted art to display.  Even this is cumbersome.  Pictures don't fit the TV screen size, you cannot select an onboard frame to be displayed around your picture.  I spent ALOT of money on this TV and am extremely disappointed in many aspects.  Next time I will go with an LG.

0 Likes
Birdy1946
First Poster
Options

The TV does have 2 tuners but the second one is for Freesat, by connecting to both presumably you can record anything on  Freesat and watch anything on Freeview  or visa versa at the same time.

I notice I can record any of the 5 main HD channels and record one of the others at the same time but it doesn't work for eg  watching BBC1 while recording BBC2 HD, 

Someone pointed out that all the channels are in 6 groups or multiplexes  1, 2, A, B, C, and D and you can record and watch channels in any given group 

0 Likes
Lexta
First Poster
Options

we don't have a dish fitted so we can't see freesat but I have noticed that we can sometimes get two close by stations to record and watch but it depends on where they are in the program listing.  Yes sometimes we can do  HD stations but not if there a non HD listed between them.  So if there is a HD station  listed, then a normal one, then a HD one we cannot scroll or move to the other HD station and vise versa.  Such a backward move on something so simple, that people would like to use often but can't

0 Likes
Birdy1946
First Poster
Options

Here is the list so you can see what channels share a MUX , I tested it out and you can watch and record any on the same MUX although we have to agree it's still pretty useless with such limitations

List showing which channels share a MUX 

0 Likes