Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Vince parla
Apprentice
Options

Bought a brand new TV from Samsung shop, within 34 days I had black screen and not responding to remote control. Phoned Samsung and all they can do is to arrange an engineer to come out and repair the brand new TV. NOT HAPPY with the the situation, what can I do? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you accept the offer of a repair? Where are you based?
0 Likes
Vince parla
Apprentice
Options

That was the only option that they offered, because the TV was 4 days over their 30 day policy 

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, but did you accept their offer? Is the TV now booked in for repair? You asked, "What can I do?" So I was wondering if you refused their offer and you were asking what your next move was. If you've accepted the repair offer, then hopefully, all will go well, and your TV should work as intended.
0 Likes
Vince parla
Apprentice
Options

Yes I accepted the repair 

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well, that's good then. I understand your frustration, especially with the TV being so new, but these things do happen. Hopefully, it's a quick and straightforward repair, and you can get back to enjoying your TV.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Sorry to hear of your issues. However on this occasion Samsung are acting within the law.

The Consumer Rights Directive (2015) which replaced The Sale of Goods Act in its various forms says:

Can I get a refund on a faulty product?

You have 30 days from taking ownership of a product (this could be the date of purchase or the date it was delivered to you - whichever is later) to claim a refund if it is faulty

After this time you have to give the retailer an opportunity to repair or replace it before you can claim a refund.

Vince parla
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the advice, my issue is that they have no flexibility with helping their customers. Going by the reviews I've read it's terrible for Samsung. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They've offered a repair.

What else are you expecting?
Vince parla
Apprentice
Options

Replacement of course, it's a brand new TV. To be repaired in the first month is not good enough.