Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume using AirPods with Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 01:48 AM)
Lamborghini
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I'm having trouble using my AirPods with my Samsung smart tv. The volume is so low on my AirPods that's its impossible to hear anything that's playing. I have the 7 Series smart tv and I know it's Bluetooth compatible. I've tried disconnecting My AirPods. I've tried deleting the AirPods from the Bluetooth list and reconnecting them and that did not work. I've tried holding down the power button on my remote to reset the TV. That did not work. I also connected my Bluetooth speaker to the tv and was able to adjust the volume using the remote or the speaker itself, but not having any luck with my AirPods. I've tried calling samsung tech support but the lady I spoke to didn't have a clue as to why I couldn't adjust the volume. Someone please help me 

115 REPLIES 115
Shelly53
First Poster
Options

I had same problem. Turn on the main Bluetooth button on your iPhone but do not turn on the connect tv Bluetooth button. This should fix it. It worked for me. 

0 Likes
BTLover
First Poster
Options

I have absolutely no idea how I stumbled across this but yesterday when I was working with my husband's Airpods, I was able to use the volume button on the tv remote (a Samsung UN55TU700DFXZA) to increase the volume on the Airpods. Wanted to be able to duplicate so I called Samsung today - person had not a clue. But it worked - unfortunately, I didn't get the sound cranked up quite loud enough. Have tried everything I can think of today to duplicate but no luck. Anybody have any ideas?

0 Likes
NS77
Apprentice
Options

There is only so far you can turn it up when the AirPod is paired with the tv itself. If you have the Apple TV box and pair the AirPods to that you can turn it up really loud. Apple product to Apple product is tha only way to get the sound loud enough for most people

0 Likes
Warlord07
First Poster
Options

Reset the air pods by holding the white button for atleast 15 sec till you see a flashing yellow light. Then pair your airpods to the tv and the problem should be resolved. This fixes low volume and fixes all the glitches and you can access the volume control through the tv remote :smiling-face:

BTLover
First Poster
Options

Worked sort of -  but not completely. Could not adjust the volume using the TV; tried by pairing to my computer and adjusting with Siri. Not entirely successful. Darn things are inconsistent in how they connect to the TV (via bluetooth). Not convinced it's me who's the problem. Sigh. ***** technology.

0 Likes
NS77
Apprentice
Options
Buy Apple TV box and pair to that. Works a charm!
0 Likes
BTLover
First Poster
Options

Do  you know if pairing the AirPods to the Apple TV will still  allow multiple audio (i.e., the TV speakers and the AirPods)? I'm not familiar with Apple TV - will the AirPods stay connected when the TV is turned off and then turned on again? That's been a problem with the TV - the connection gets broken so we're forever reconnecting <sigh>.

0 Likes
Lamborghini
Journeyman
Options
I don’t know really, but I would assume they’re not like the iphone where whenever you put them in your ear, they automatically connect to the device. I’ve never had an Apple TV before
0 Likes
NS77
Apprentice
Options
Using the Apple TV box to turn the tv on and then putting the AirPods in automatically transfers the sound to the AirPods. There is no multiple audio....everything goes through the airpods
0 Likes
Emit-time
First Poster
Options

@Lamborghini wrote:

Hi. I'm having trouble using my AirPods with my Samsung smart tv. The volume is so low on my AirPods that's its impossible to hear anything that's playing. I have the 7 Series smart tv and I know it's Bluetooth compatible. I've tried disconnecting My AirPods. I've tried deleting the AirPods from the Bluetooth list and reconnecting them and that did not work. I've tried holding down the power button on my remote to reset the TV. That did not work. I also connected my Bluetooth speaker to the tv and was able to adjust the volume using the remote or the speaker itself, but not having any luck with my AirPods. I've tried calling samsung tech support but the lady I spoke to didn't have a clue as to why I couldn't adjust the volume. Someone please help me 

Dealing with the same issue w both reg and pro AirPods . I think the trick is you have to have the  volume really HIGH WHILE your doing the initial pairing and connecting. 

0 Likes