Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Volume from Bluetooth headphones.

(Topic created on: 26-01-2018 04:04 PM)
Alicia4
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me with an issue I'm experiencing with my Samsung 65" Curved TV, model UE65HU7200, with software number T-NT14UDEUC-1160.2 , BT - S.

I am able to connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones to this TV easily. However there appears to be no way to control the volume transmitted from the TV. I do have volume control on one pair of headphones, but even at maximum, the volume is not loud enough. On another pair, there is no volume control.

What am I missing? On an older Panasonic TV, in the sound menu, there is an option to increase the headphones volume (headphones connected by 3.5mm jack). I cannot seem to find a similar option to this in the Samsung TV.

I hope someone can help please!

Thank you! 

Alicia. 

Go to solution
24 REPLIES 24
Brid
Journeyman
Options

Got to agree with you Steve I have the same problem on the new Q90 yet my older JU55 worked a treat. I also agree it is a software limit issue. The technical experts have no knowledge of this or are being silent. I have spent hours on chat to no avail including going back to factory settings (don't waste your time doing all of this). I am now going back to the supplier who are very technical and try them with the final decision of rejecting the TV as not fit for purpose.

Adii98
First Poster
Options
thank you!! that worked for me
0 Likes
TV_user_9999
First Poster
Options

I have had two sets of MPOW bluetooth headsets that have this same problem. However I have set from Amazon that works fine. . I purchased these in September 2019 and they may have changed the format, but right now they work fine. Frustrating I know.

mbw817
Journeyman
Options

NONSENSE. I have Samsung Galaxy earbuds. They do not work on any Samsung TV (I have a Series 8 TV) such that I can get adequate sound volume. This is a known Samsung issue that has never been fixed.

0 Likes
WaffleStaffel
Apprentice
Options

To have control of the volume of Bluetooth earphones using the TV remote, you have to disable "Multi-Output Audio".

I have a new TU-7000 series and a cheapo set of Bluetooth earbuds. They connect without trouble.

Under the General > Accessibility menu I have a "Multi-Output Audio" setting. Only when this option is disabled do I have control of the Bluetooth volume using the remote. When "Multi-Output Audio" is enabled, the remote only controls the volume of the television speakers. To control the Bluetooth volume in this case, you have to resort to using whatever touch/tap menu your Bluetooth earphones may have.

Additionally, for the audio/video delay/sync issue you have when using Bluetooth earphones, you can go to Sound > Expert Settings "Digital Output Audio Delay" and adjust the slider. I can't get mine in perfect sync, but I can reduce the delay.

0 Likes
mbw817
Journeyman
Options

Totally agree. Bonehead play from Samsung. Will never buy another Samsung product from engineers who are that stupid and hwo have not addressed it after the fact.

mbw817
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Waffle but this does not work. Using your solution, are you able to raise the earbud volume to more than a minimal level? I cannot. Apparently you need an interim device such as an ipad with a Samsung program to allow this. 

WaffleStaffel
Apprentice
Options

I am able to raise the volume to full. Perhaps it's the OS on my TU-0000 series, or maybe it's my non-Samsung earbuds.

WaffleStaffel
Apprentice
Options

Yes, but it's no surprise. Samsung TV's are low-end with terrible warranties. My last Samsung, despite being expensive, was at the low end, price-wise. It lasted 6 years. There's no reason a circuit board shouldn't last a lifetime. The solution is to buy from Costco and get an extended warranty. I won't buy other Samsung devices because of the proprietary junk they graft on to everything. I still feel a sting from all my Sony A/V equipment suffering death just out of warranty.

0 Likes
Members_E65aqGF
First Poster
Options

I've got Samsung Q60 TV, Philips and Sony bluetooth headphones. If you click the volume on TV remote a notice tells you bluetooth speakers in use. If you press and hold the volume on TV remote a +  flashes above or - below and the volume is adjusted up or down in the bluetooth headphones. 

Samsung has in fact made it very easy..

0 Likes