Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Volume from Bluetooth headphones.

(Topic created on: 30-01-2018 10:31 AM)
Alicia4
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me with an issue I'm experiencing with my Samsung 65" Curved TV, model UE65HU7200, with software number T-NT14UDEUC-1160.2 , BT - S.

I am able to connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones to this TV easily. However there appears to be no way to control the volume transmitted from the TV. I do have volume control on one pair of headphones, but even at maximum, the volume is not loud enough. On another pair, there is no volume control.

What am I missing? On an older Panasonic TV, in the sound menu, there is an option to increase the headphones volume (headphones connected by 3.5mm jack). I cannot seem to find a similar option to this in the Samsung TV.

I hope someone can help please!

Thank you! 

Alicia. 

24 REPLIES 24
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Alicia4 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me with an issue I'm experiencing with my Samsung 65" Curved TV, model UE65HU7200, with software number T-NT14UDEUC-1160.2 , BT - S.

I am able to connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones to this TV easily. However there appears to be no way to control the volume transmitted from the TV. I do have volume control on one pair of headphones, but even at maximum, the volume is not loud enough. On another pair, there is no volume control.

What am I missing? On an older Panasonic TV, in the sound menu, there is an option to increase the headphones volume (headphones connected by 3.5mm jack). I cannot seem to find a similar option to this in the Samsung TV.

I hope someone can help please!

Thank you! 

Alicia. 

Hi @Alicia4, only Samsung headphones will be completely compatible, pretty sure with with other brands you will only be able to control the volume with the device and not the TV.   I'll direct you to another thread when someone had similar issue.  https:https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/UE55KS7000-bluetooth-volume-control/td-p/15...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Alicia4
Journeyman
Options

Hi James! 

Thank you so much for your reply. I understand now that I'll only be able to control the volume of my Bluetooth headphones from the TV if I have Samsung Bluetooth headphones. Please can you tell me which models are compatible, or will any Samsung Bluetooth headphones do what I want? 

Thank you again! 

Alicia. 

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Alicia4 wrote:

Hi James! 

Thank you so much for your reply. I understand now that I'll only be able to control the volume of my Bluetooth headphones from the TV if I have Samsung Bluetooth headphones. Please can you tell me which models are compatible, or will any Samsung Bluetooth headphones do what I want? 

Thank you again! 

Alicia. 

No Prob, yes any Samsung  Bluetooth headphones  will be compatible.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Alicia4
Journeyman
Options

Thanks very much for the reply and information James, I'll buy a pair of Samsung Bluetooth headphones later this week.

Much appreciated! 

Alicia. 

anotherronism
First Poster
Options

If I understand it correctly , Samsung shouldn't be using the term Bluetooth at all. They're not Bluetooth if they have proprietary connectivity requiring their own equipment. Bluetooth is a standard. They don't meet that standard. 

Jomanchi
First Poster
Options

I'm already using Galaxy Bud connect with my Samsung TV but still cannot maximize the volume.  

Sawdustmaker
First Poster
Options

I have a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds+ , they also will not go loud enough. iPods also will not go loud enough. Pairing works with both speakers and and headphones all devices cannot be turned up enough.  Samsung Engineers appear ot have setup volume control with an Amp in mind. Needs an over ride from default. 

Steve98
First Poster
Options

Same issue also, Bluetooth too quiet.  Two different bluetooth headphones Sony and Sennheiser both with volume control ability, not some cheap £20 stuff.  Samsung seem to have gone quiet regarding a solution to this problem.  Adjusting volume from tv not possible also, but I doubt that this is the real issue, output levels are clamped at too low a level, am almost certain this is a software problem, not hardware., and given the will, this could be fixed.  Have ue40j6400 (maybe all the right numbers/ letters, not necessarily in the right order!)  tv with the infamous 250 soundbar which has no outputs of any description to circumnavigate this issue  .   PS the latency and phase issues with Sony 1000XM earbuds paired with this tv are dreadful.  And don't blame Sony before you even think about it - work ok everywhere else, tablets, phones etc...  looking on the upside, tv is fine otherwise☺

Swiz93
First Poster
Options

@Sawdustmaker wrote:

I have a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds+ , they also will not go loud enough. iPods also will not go loud enough. Pairing works with both speakers and and headphones all devices cannot be turned up enough.  Samsung Engineers appear ot have setup volume control with an Amp in mind. Needs an over ride from default. 

Had the same problem. My fix : Changed the touch actions inside the Galaxy Wearable app from Google Assistant to Volume Up/Down.