Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume and channels changing on their own

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 10:28 PM)
wickidd
First Poster
Options

Model LN46B530P7F. So randomly today, my wife had an issue with the channels changing on their own and the volume as well. A friend had told her to unplug it and remove the batteries from the remote but that didn't solve it. When I got home, no batteries in the remote and tv was unplugged. I put new batteries in the remote, plug the tv back on and it seemed fine for about 20 minutes. Then the volume went down to zero, up to 40, down to 3 - then the channels started changing - 2,3,5 nothing else, just running through those 3 stations. I was convinced it was the remote so I removed the batteries, and then it started doing it all again. This is completely random and out of the blue, never had an issue before. Thoughts or suggestions???

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
wickidd
First Poster
Options

Well, google led me to CNet who's forum is far more helpful. It was suggested that the side panel controls had become faulty - was told to remove the back, then the small clip of wires to the side controls. Worked like a charm!!! Thanks Joe over at CNet!!!!!!!

0 Likes