Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Voice option greyed out, cant turn on and use remote mic

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 11:36 PM)
khs85
Student
Options

I bought the latest QN95B and upon setup, i selected Google Assistance as my voice command assistant. However after setup and coming to main screen, when i press the mic button on the remote, i get an alert on screen that my mic is not turned on. i need to turn on to use  it.

when i go to settings and in general settings, the voice option is greyed out so i cant even select anything to change assistants. I have tried to reset the whole tv and still no difference.

i should point out that i am logged in with my samsung account that i have on my S21 as well. On my phone i have deselcted the option in google settings to not listen to voice commands. that should not impact this in my opinion but open to suggestions.

lastly i also have the q800 sound bar connected, should that have an impact? i got the setting for voice only through q800 but when i turn the soundbar off i get normal sound from the tv, any relation to my main problem?

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
ClifS
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem but now have the solution.  There is a tiny little switch on the TV that enables the microphone.

The switch is under the Samsung logo.  Look on the edge of the TV under the logo with a torch and you will see a power symbol and just next to it the switch.  It's seriously tiny.  Like half a millimeter, but it is there and will solve your problem.

Anne44
First Poster
Options

I'm from US but I can't find any help.  I just bought new 43" Q60 4K Smart TV.  I keep seeing the tip to turn my TV's microphone switch on, but I don't have a switch.  Or not one that I see at least.  I'm looking under the Samsung Logo next to the power button and there is no switch.  I see a hole but I tried using a pin to see if that was the switch and nothing is moving.  What am I missing?

Members_sbkbt9f
First Poster
Options

Hey Anne,

I actually qot a recent tv (QN90) with the same issue but followed the steps above. Its a small delicate switch you can feel if you move slowly with your finger. Gotta feel that flicking movement and thats when you got it done!

0 Likes
Oglb
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this. I never would have found it 

0 Likes
Mike1012
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same tv as anne and I can assure you there is no little button next to the power button under the samsung logo.

I have flipped the tv upside down and gone over it with a tooth and comb, it simply isn't there on this model and there is no info online as to where it is for this model

0 Likes
Solution
khs85
Student
Options

I found it and got resolved. It's a very subtle bump on the left behind the small Samsung logo that you need to switch from left to right

16836251979768548168676291216519.jpg

0 Likes
PhilGSO
First Poster
Options

I thought the same thing Mike.  I looked a half dozen times with a flashlight and couldn't find it and was convinced my model, which is the same as yours, didn't have one.  I finally found it after looking at the picture posted above.

0 Likes