Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginia media, Soundbar and Smart Remote

(Topic created on: 05-06-2018 07:34 PM)
AaronP2
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I now have a 55in Samsung Series 6 Curved TV, brand new, and Samsung Soundbar HW-6502, and a Virgin Media V6 box.

The Smart Remote will not control the Virgin TiVo box when connected through the Soundbar for some reason.

When connected to the TV directly, the Soundbar is then not recognised by the TV other than as a HDMI media receiver, and not as the specific model of Samsung Soundbar.

I am about to add two wireless Samsung R1s as surround speakers but I just darent add to the confusion any further.

Can anyone tell me the correct way to connect these devices to retain the full functionality of the Smart Remote, and the Soundbar?

Thanks very much in advance!

Aaron

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AaronP2 wrote:

Hi,

I now have a 55in Samsung Series 6 Curved TV, brand new, and Samsung Soundbar HW-6502, and a Virgin Media V6 box.

The Smart Remote will not control the Virgin TiVo box when connected through the Soundbar for some reason.

When connected to the TV directly, the Soundbar is then not recognised by the TV other than as a HDMI media receiver, and not as the specific model of Samsung Soundbar.

I am about to add two wireless Samsung R1s as surround speakers but I just darent add to the confusion any further.

Can anyone tell me the correct way to connect these devices to retain the full functionality of the Smart Remote, and the Soundbar?

Thanks very much in advance!

Aaron

Hi @AaronP2,   depends how soundbar is connected but most reliable connection tends to be Via HDMI ARC if you have this option  (with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compatibility)   and have HDMI CEC turned on.   Virgin Tivo to Soundbar and  then Soundbar HDMi ARC  to   TV HDMI  Arc (output of  the soundbar into Tv input)  Ensure ARC is enabled in the Tv Menu and you may have to go throug the Universal  set  up up again however connected and if still issues possibly do factory reset of Tv.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options
0 Likes