Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media V6 box not connecting to Samsung RU7400 TV

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 08:48 PM)
DaveYoung1959
First Poster
Options

I have been trying to connect my Samsung RU7400 TV to my Virgin Media V6 box via a 15 metre HDMI cable (its that length as its routed under floor of extension) without success. The welcome screen comes up but then changes to No Source found.

Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix this?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @DaveYoung1959 ,

is your Virgin Box connecting to other devices using this HDMI cable? Are you able to try a different one or plugging this in a different HDMI port and let us know the results?

0 Likes
DaveYoung1959
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply. I have 3 HDMI cables (all 15 metre due to routing) coming from the TV. I have tried all 3 onto the Virgin V6 box with same results. I am going to try a 7.5 metre HDMI cable (expected tomorrow) to see if that works. I have also connected the V6 box to another TVwith short Cable and it works fine. I think the problem may be the length of the HDMI cable.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine, I would suggest waiting for the other cable to see if the issue persists with this one. If it does let us know. 

0 Likes
DaveYoung1959
First Poster
Options
Took TV off wall and tried it with a short HDMI cable and all working fine. I will try again with 7.5 metre cable and let you know. If that works I will have to find a new route under floor. Thanks for your assistance.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That indicates that the connectivity issue is with the long cable. Hopefully the 7,5 metres cable will work, finger crossed!

0 Likes
DaveYoung1959
First Poster
Options
7.5 metre cable works fine so problem is with longer cable. Something people might want to check if long cable is required.
0 Likes