Go to solution Solved

Virgin Media and Universal Remote setup

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 01:57 PM)
JimElson
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me.

I have Samsung QN95A TV with Virgin Media TV 360 Box. I have been trying to setup the universal remote on my TV so I could use the remote to control Virgin. 

When I search for virgin box model which is DCX960/KKOB/N215/1000, it is being found fine. I select it, try testing the volume and it doesn't work. I have tried many times now but it simply won't work. 

I find it really annoying not being able to use my TV with one remote.

Have any of you had similar problems and what can you recommend me to try and solve it?

Many thanks in advance!

45 REPLIES 45
1mju5td1rk
Student
Options

I have a Samsung UE50RU7470UXXU but im unable to get up the box to search a manual model of a Virgin360 box.. Any Ideas?

0 Likes
JimElson
Journeyman
Options
Try hitting channel up or down and select no for 3 or 5 times. After that it will offer you to search for model of your box manually.
0 Likes
Lizardman81
Apprentice
Options

The problem is Amazon Products or Fire TV Stick aren’t available options. It’s a silly system that restricts you “set top box” or “blue ray player” as Brand options in the connections wizard, even though it clearly knows what a fire tv device is when It’s plugged into HDMI.

1mju5td1rk
Student
Options

Its solved, just hitting up and down does not help, I had to confirm it was not working for about 3-5times as well before being prompted with the manual search.

Lizardman81
Apprentice
Options

Yeh you just keep saying didn’t work until that option pops up and then you choose the “PACE” brand - model “DCR7111” as previously given

the problem is “Menu” button doesn’t map to virgin’s “menu” - so your sort of stuck and still need the original remote or phone app if using Logitech Harmony like I am

again any suggestions welcome. Or I might map long press on my harmony menu button to virgin menu…that might work!

0 Likes
HUKS
First Poster
Options

Same issue and your hack worked.  Thanks for sharing it

Jon B61
Journeyman
Options

Fantastic… Worked for me!

gmac42
First Poster
Options