Go to solution Solved

Virgin Media and Universal Remote setup

(Topic created on: 14-07-2022 11:15 PM)
JimElson
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me.

I have Samsung QN95A TV with Virgin Media TV 360 Box. I have been trying to setup the universal remote on my TV so I could use the remote to control Virgin. 

When I search for virgin box model which is DCX960/KKOB/N215/1000, it is being found fine. I select it, try testing the volume and it doesn't work. I have tried many times now but it simply won't work. 

I find it really annoying not being able to use my TV with one remote.

Have any of you had similar problems and what can you recommend me to try and solve it?

Many thanks in advance!

45 REPLIES 45
JimElson
Journeyman
Options
I don't think it supposed to do that. Imagine if you switched off your tv by accident?
I find that virgin tv switches itself off automatically after you not using it for sometime. I never switch it off manually myself.
0 Likes
Nuge89
Student
Options

Yes!!!! Thanks so much! Didn’t realise you had to click through saying “no, it hasn’t worked” thank you, thank you, thank you!

Black Sheep
Apprentice
Options

Jim, you’re a lifesaver, I was at my wits end trying to sort this out and you came up with the perfect solution thanks! It was ignoring the ‘channel test’ that allowed me to bypass the setup to enter the exact model number. 🙏👍

Members_Xgvukkd
Student
Options

Hi,   just noticed the dcr7111 suggestion which does work great however I'm finding only for a short while then it stops again requiring a reset if the TV and re-setup of the 360box.  Has anyone else come across this ?? Thanks.

0 Likes
JimElson
Journeyman
Options
I think this has only happened to me once. I have reset tv settings etc. and it worked fine for me after that.. Try removing cables and re-connect them after resetting settings on the tv and then try setting up universal remote from the beginning.
0 Likes
Members_Xgvukkd
Student
Options

Thanks Jim,   think I've already reset the device  a few times I.e. delted and re-setup virgin on TV as well as remote as I was hesitant on resetting tv itself as took ages to get picture how I wanted it but maybe that's whats required?  Will have a go when te permits.  Cheers.

StuRed
First Poster
Options

The DCR solution used to work for me but now does not having unplugged and moved house. Any other codes that work?

0 Likes
apeman123
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for this! 

MarkGG
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! Been trying to solve this with my new Virgin box. I thought I was going to have to go back to two remotes like a peasant! 

Thanks. 

Lizardman81
Apprentice
Options

I’m using a Logitech Harmony remote on Samsung 2019 Q85R Smart TV

i have added the Pace DCT7111 with good success for my Virgin 360 Box 

The only gap is “Menu” button - This is being mapped to the Samsung “Home” button and not the expected Virgin 360 box menu - so I can’t access half the box functions! Can anyone advise? Guide & Info buttons correctly map to the Virgin box versions so can access these, but not having menu button access just feels “close but so far” 

0 Likes