Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing flash drive videos on a TV

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 03:45 PM)
maurice12
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung SSD flash drive T5. Using the secure vault I can view the files on a computer but not on a TV. Is this because the TV does not provide facility for entering a password/code. If so is there any work around possible. If not and I try by disabling Security software can I download it again if necessary?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there maurice12!

My suggestion for this one would be to turn off the encryption, move your files out of the secure vault, or use an alternative device.

Most TVs lack the functionality to support encryption.

Another option, if encryption is a must, is to use a NAS box like a WD Cloud, and set up a DLNA server containing all of your media files.

Hope this helps,
Tom 🙂
maurice12
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tom

I had thought of turning off the encryption in the drive but I am still asked for a password ergo I am back in the vault. Trouble is I am doing this for someone else who may want encryption  but wants to view the video on the TV (if possible). What if I delete the set-up encryption from the USB drive to check that works OK and then if they say they do want encryption can I download the software from Samsung to put that back on the drive?  (Can do this easily  on a SanDisk USB). Albeit I may have to delete all the video, replace the encryption software on the drive and then replace the video files (as on a SanDisk) So many hours I want to avoid if possible.

0 Likes