Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos won't load on YouTube

(Topic created on: 30-07-2022 08:11 PM)
VortexPK
First Poster
Options

I've had my Samsung Smart TVs for about 3 years now. Everything had been working perfectly fine until a week ago when suddenly YouTube videos stopped loading. The app itself works perfectly, I can see the previews of all the videos but the videos themselves don't load. There's just a blank gray screen whenever I click on a video and this problem is the same on all 3 of my TVs. I have already tried resetting the YouTube app, resetting Network Settings, factory resetting my TVs and nothing works. The app and the TVs are fully updated as well. This problem is exclusively with the YouTube app on Samsung TV. Please help me!

p.s. I browsed a few subreddits and google and found the same problem for others as well (but they faced this a few years ago):

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/jg2tyb/youtube_videos_not_loading_on_samsung_smart_tv/

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/youtube-not-playing-any-videos/td-p/1156339

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @VortexPK 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
VortexPK
First Poster
Options

Hi @ChrisM ,

Full Model Code: UA55TU7000USMM

Software Version: T-KTSU2UABC-2303.1

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for getting back to us, @VortexPK. I'm sure we'll be able to assist you in getting YouTube videos loading as normal on your TVs again.

It is puzzling that the issue is occurring on three of your TVs, so it might be worth resetting your router and checking to see whether there any settings preventing YouTube from functioning as it should.

You have mentioned that you have reset the YouTube app. Have you reinstalled it too? Just in case you haven't done this, please:

1) Navigate to “Apps” on your TV and select “Settings” from the top right corner.

2) Click on the “Youtube” app, and then select “Reinstall”.

3) Wait for your TV to reinstall the app, turn your TV off for at least 20 seconds, then back on, and check to see if the issue persists.

I'd recommend trying this on each of your TVs. 

Please let us know whether, after following these steps, you are able to get the YouTube videos loading up and playing as expected.

0 Likes
VortexPK
First Poster
Options

Hi @PaulM1 @ChrisM reinstalling and turning my TV off for more than 20 seconds didn't work either. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for doing that, @VortexPK. Have you been able to load and play YouTube videos normally on any other device (e.g. phone, tablet or laptop) whilst connected to the same Wi-Fi address as your TVs?

I ask this, as it is peculiar that it is not picking up YouTube on three separate TVs. It indicates that a setting (perhaps via your ISP or on the router) may be blocking this.

0 Likes
VortexPK
First Poster
Options

@PaulM1 @ChrisM YouTube is loading perfectly fine on both my iPads, all 4 phones in my household, my Xbox and my laptop. The problem doesn't seem to be anything related to my ISP (please do keep in mind that I have auto update enabled on all 3 TVs so if there was an update that caused this problem it would naturally have messed up everything on all 3 TVs).

0 Likes
VortexPK
First Poster
Options

Hi @PaulM1 @ChrisM any updates please? This is obviously a problem only with my Samsung TVs and I'd like to watch YouTube.

0 Likes
Matt Smart
First Poster
Options

My TU700 is doing the same thing! TV’s are 3 weeks old YT plays fine on phones, iPad and was playing fine on tv, just froze then black screen and send error report and now will not load any videos. Cleared history, cache, signed out, reloaded… HELP??!! Paw Patrol is a must!

0 Likes
VortexPK
First Poster
Options

Hey Matt,

It started working for me randomly after 3-4 days. You just gotta wait ig none of the fixes support gave worked for me. Good luck!

0 Likes