Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very washed out and grainy picture on ue50ru7020

(Topic created on: 21-01-2020 12:21 PM)
CallumD
Student
Options

Picture on my new TV ue50ru7020 is very grainy and washed out. Anyone else having same issues? My old TV (7 years old) has a million times better picture than this new one yet the reviews on the new one are fab!

The colours are not vivid at all and the backlight is so dark. I think the HD/4K is working but the colours are really poor. I can change settings to dynamic but it really washes out the whites and creates a grainy effect. 

Same issue on all apps and connected devices.
Any ideas?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AsadM
Options
Hi @CallumD. Let's try a Picture Test on the TV. This will give a true reflection on what the TV quality can be if it has content with higher resolution played on the TV. Lower resolution can appear less clear hence it may result to the quality you may be getting. To do a Picture Test, go into Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test.
0 Likes
CallumD
Student
Options
Hi Asad,

I tried that already but the test failed. The image showed me two boys playing in the sand and it still had the same issues.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for confirming @CallumD. It may be ideal to reach out to our Technical Support team so they can guide you through this. If you're based in the UK, they can be contacted by phone on 0333 000 0333.
0 Likes