Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Wide black line

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 04:48 PM)
ilfalco75
Explorer
Options

Hi there, I bought tv only one year, today I saw black line, I think Samsung know this problem,any body have any answers. Before share this problem on social media with 4 million fans

04AE74EF-E101-4BDB-BB87-38AE77922BA8.jpeg

3616DDF2-240F-43E8-A9CE-9383EA98DBB1.jpeg

EF5EC5E4-08E7-4C12-A506-B33EBF28E09C.jpeg

2634B48E-8DCD-4BD0-B631-23ADB7C91E1A.jpeg

12 REPLIES 12
billho
Journeyman
Options

I had the same issue on my 65" Cure TV, it just 18 months, bought from Bestbuy and spent nearly $1000.

Called Samsung and Bestbuy, all said warrent expired, then can do NOTHING.

Just call repair service and pay by myself.

my $1000 was thrown away!

So sad.

billho
Journeyman
Options

Samsung customer service sounds like they know this issue, popular issue?

They still try to guided me to reset something, "Self Diagnosis" , "Update Software", "Reset" etc.

Then tell you TV is bad and warrenty expired in one-year.

Done!

billho
Journeyman
Options

I will keep away Samsung Appliances from now on.

mPalmati
First Poster
Options

My 55" curved Samsung TV just started showing this exact same issue.  The TV is only about 3 years old now but that puts it out of warranty. Looking at this thread it looks like the problem was never diagnosed and no solution for a fix ever found. This really sucks!

Sheila33496
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue in the exact same spot! My TV is about 4 years old and after reading through these comments it looks like I am screwed as well. Unbelievable that they are allowed to make and sell a product that they KNOW does this in a short amount of time. My TV is an 80" and was like $2000. I can't believe that it is just going to end up being trash now. So Angry. Shame on you Samsung!

EleoJer
First Poster
Options

Just started having the same issue in the exact spot as the OP. 

My TV is approx. 5yo so definitely out of warranty but reading this post I wonder if we are all having the same issue in the same spot, this could be taken to a consumer affairs of some sort?

Was anyone able to get this repaired through a TV tech or elsewhere?

Budneck
Student
Options

IMG_8882.jpeg

Same issue here, happened 18 months in and Samsung were zero help, if anyone is interested in a class action leave a response and I will compile a list. 

Sheila33496
Apprentice
Options

I agree. We should find out about doing a class action against Samsung! This is ridiculous!!

Members_T6kGsvV
First Poster
Options

Well well well same problem here..

Im in for the class action I swear

20231209_234410.jpg