Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical black shadow line

(Topic created on: 15-07-2019 10:20 PM)
Mike1972
First Poster
Options

I recently noticed a black vertical line that looks like a shadow in the middle of the screen. Anyone have a cause or suggestion. Model UN65MU8000FXZA.

IMG_6331.jpg

36 REPLIES 36
Sams8ngscams
Journeyman
Options

Your right! It’s ludicrous especially doing his to customers during a pandemic. How can we trust the, again... I’m fighting legally. Join me  

0 Likes
Sams8ngscams
Journeyman
Options

Tired of being taken for some dumb person they can market 5 TVs all ahead of their time. It’s a way to make you need to upgrade In a short time, being 6 months even better comes out. It’s so obvious though it’s sickening.. I’m fighting back, I know my legal, I want justice, mostly I just want a trustable company that gives a ***** about their consumers. Empathy. Care what others are feeling, versus the pushing through model after model. So quick that the marketing is wayyy off. It’s terrible. Quick roll outs, too close to last newest thing, over promises, under delivers. Then switch and bait. There are other companies, much better all around. They want happy customers that don’t use their forum page to rip them apart. Join in 

Gman802
Student
Options

Like so many others on here and on other community forums in the EU and US, I've also ended up with a darlk vertical line down my TV that has gradually gotten worse over the past two weeks.

I purchased a UE49NU7100 model in Sept 2018, so 8 months out of warranty. Given this is clearly a major manufacturing issue impacting so many poeple I refuse to pay for callouts or repairs.

I'm now speaking to a researcher from Watchdog (BBC) as a quick glance online confirms that this is a major issue affecting many people - I'm hoping they contact other impacted purchasers to build a case.  As it happens, on the same week, a £2,500 Smart Fridge that I'd brought from Samsung also broke. The combination of both of these failures will mean I'll probably never purchase Samsung again and I'll be sure to let others know not to buy this brand also.

TV.JPG

Twilson84
Apprentice
Options

If you have a response from Watchdog I’d be happy to join the case as I have the same issue. I’ve also spoken to an independent technician today who has had 3 in the past week.  It’s clearly a known issue. Such a shame because the picture quality is amazing when they work but who on earth wants to buy a new tv every 2 years (crazy)

NeverbuySamzung
Apprentice
Options

“voids any remaining warranty … we would be unable to assist.”

What a joke!!  I don’t read here or anywhere else that Samsung is doing a ***** thing about this problem.

I certainly will never buy any of your products again and I will gladly spread the word about the issue Samsung has with both quality and customer support.  And for fun I’m going to watch your share price fall, year on year until you go the way of so many other poorly led companies.

NeverbuySamzung
Apprentice
Options

I’ll join that.

NeverbuySamzung
Apprentice
Options

Same here.  Spread the word.

0 Likes
Steve391
First Poster
Options

This has happened to my 2.5 year old Samsung UE49NU7100. Started off a week ago with some dimming in the centre of the screen, and today it’s got worse, getting much darker. 

leeh49
First Poster
Options

Found this thread when googling for the same issue. Our tv is just out of warranty.... Cannot see how we would be expected to pay for something with is an obvious design flaw. Will be dropping a note to BBC Watchdog too. And like others, this is the very, very last Samsung product i ever buy. Just ordered 60+ monitors for the staff at work and made sure we didnt go anywhere near samsung. I know individual customers dont mean anything to samsung, but they certainly wont be getting my money ever again

VictorS
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Model UE49NU7170, was bought in March 2019photo_2022-05-26_20-48-24.jpg