Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical black shadow line

(Topic created on: 04-02-2020 09:19 AM)
Mike1972
First Poster
Options

I recently noticed a black vertical line that looks like a shadow in the middle of the screen. Anyone have a cause or suggestion. Model UN65MU8000FXZA.

IMG_6331.jpg

(1)
36 REPLIES 36
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
@Mike1972

Hi Mike! Looks like the TV needs to be inspected. Give Samsung a call on 0330 726 7864 where an adviser will be able to arrange an engineers inspection.
0 Likes
(1)
QUATTRO1869
Student
Options

Was your issue resolved?  Have the exact same problem with our 65" Samsung, and I see it all over online.  Anyone mention class action lawsuit?  Clearly Samsung knows they are sellingt tvs with a flaw, that will pop up after the warranty of 1 year is expired. 

sammysquash
Journeyman
Options

yep my mums 30 month old TV has just started with this, customer services say buy a new TV £729 30 months ago

(1)
sammysquash
Journeyman
Options

My mum has the same issue on 30 month old TV £729 and been told to buy a new TV, is a regular design fault wont buy samsung again

ilfalco75
Explorer
Options
I have same problem,what happened for your problem?
Thank you
(1)
Mark6811
Apprentice
Options

Under 30 months ago I purchased a UE65MU6400 and like so many posts on Samsung communities I appear to be one of a large number that get a black shadow running vertically down the screen.

I did not purchase a cheap model but went for what I thought was a tried and trusted company.

The amount of people who have had this issue in TVs less than 3 years old is unbelievable.

What’s worse is the cost to fix this obvious design flaw is more or less the price of the television.

Support were anything but, washing their hands on something out of warranty despite being a very well know issue.

I will not be buying a Samsung any time soon.

(1)
sammysquash
Journeyman
Options
My parents are nearly 90 they purchased a 49 inch decent tv 720 quid 18 months and it had this issue . A known fault Samsung did nothing for them scrap!
(1)
sammysquash
Journeyman
Options
No help from Samsung a trip to the dump, won’t touch anything Samsung in the future, need to get this issues on the Tv watchdog
(1)
sammysquash
Journeyman
Options
Did they sort you out, I had no luck on my parents tv
0 Likes