Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical black lines on UE75MU6175

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 08:55 PM)
Daimdude
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone, and thank you for a good forum.

Okey, long story as short as possible.

I recently inherited a UE75MU6175 from my grandparents, after my grandad passed.

I noticed instantly some vertical bands of shade in the lighter colours, but read that an update for the tv should help smooth them out a bit.

When i went to pickup the TV from my grandmother, 2 vertical lines had appeared. I asked her what had happened, and she said nothing - That they just appeared out of nowhere.

The TV is around 1.5 years old, but the problem is - The receipt for it is on my grandads email, which noone has the login for, and for good reason i cant ask him. So i called the shop were it was bought and explained the situation, and he said he couldnt help.

I feel so sad that a €2100 tv just dies by standing stationary in an apartment.

So is there any smart people out there, that have some clues or ideas to what i can check - Or if it is the panel that is faulty.

The stripes are permanent on all inputs. Ill attach a quick photo of the lines. One of them is blue ish, and the other one black. They are only milimeters wide. And on the photo you can actually sense the lighter lines aswell.

All the best - And thank you in advance.

Daniel.

20191025_205839.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Daimdude

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Do you still need help with this? If so, can you try this hardware test: Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture test.

Let me know if the lines are still there.
0 Likes