Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 2101 and Apple airplay and Apple TV bugs! Fix asap please!

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 08:08 AM)
Invincentble
Apprentice
Options

To whom it may concern,

My 82 inch Qled Q70 Tv running version 2101 has issues w Airplay feature and Apple TV. I extensively use Apple TV.

I have two Q60 TVs as well w version 1391 that are fine w the Apple features.
I have also done a lot of research and it seems to be a common problem on the Apple forums!

the bugs in detail:

1. Airplay - when trying to connect phone or tablet to Tv via airplay it requests for the 4 digit code. After input, you get a error stating “Unable to connect to Samsung Server. Please try again later!” Why are you needing to connect to a server while I’m connecting my phone to my TV? Should I be concerned that you are tryin to invade my phone?

2. Apple TV - when attempting to stream a movie in my library, the spinning gear spins until the app times out. The spinning gear seems to stutter or not spin properly. After resetting the TV and smarthub, now I get the stuttering spinning gear attempting to sign in.

I turned on the TV for the first time in early November and everything worked. Then sometime in December it stopped working. I’m assuming there were changes in the release of version 2101 that caused this and it worked for me before the auto update moved my TV to 2101.

im severely disappointed and Support needs training on how to understand a software versus hardware issue. 

I’ve bought 4 Samsung TVs and if this isn’t fixed ASAP you will not get another dollar from me

7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Rebooting the router and/or forcing use of 2.4GHz seems to have helped a lot of people. Not sure if it will resolve your issue but has to be worth a try.

0 Likes
Invincentble
Apprentice
Options

I’m on a wired connection and yes I’ve rebooted router. With wired connection 2.4 versus 5 doesn’t matter

0 Likes
chaver4u
First Poster
Options

I have another, somewhat related problem.

It regards streaming via Airplay to my brand-new Samsung Q67AA50. The sound stutters or interrupts for 5-15 seconds, and the image also freezes from time to time. I tried the dozen suggestions in various threads and in YouTube clips: no improvement, no change, nothing.

I used an LG 6300YVB for 4 years, but its screen suddenly dimmed and became useless. With the LG I had absolutely no Airplay issues. Also, the LG interface is better than Samsung's, I must say.

I hate it, but I now place a remote speaker next to the TV to have at least the sound from my MacBook, though the sound is now not fully in sync with the images.

Will Samsung do something about this......???

0 Likes
Guime
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. But I figured this should be Apple’s responsibility. Simply because ALL OTHER apps works perfectly: Amazon, HBO, Netflix and Disney +. I’ve started a thread at apples community  as well, but nothing resolved our case. I’m really disappointed.

0 Likes
chaver4u
First Poster
Options

Why should it be Apple's responsibility? Everything worked fine with my previous LG TV, and not now with my Samsung TV. None of my settings have changed.

0 Likes
Guime
First Poster
Options

Hi chaver4u, I believe it comes from the Apple side because all other apps are working fine. It’s an issue with the Apple tv app AND Airplay. Which leads to something that both brands are not keen to resolve together. Of course Samsung would help. But why only Apple stuff has problems…?

Cheers.

0 Likes
dino_jr
First Poster
Options

Hi, airplay issues here too.

How do I "force use of 2.4GHz" as mentioned here? When joining the network the TV only sees a 5GHz option?

0 Likes