Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venetian blind effect

(Topic created on: 26-04-2020 05:25 PM)
lk1702
First Poster
Options

I have a question about an issue I am having with my UN55RU7100FXA.  It seems to be a common issue on some sets.

Intermittent horizontal lines that look like Venetian blinds.  Along with this, the black areas of the screen appear to be very mottled.   I have the picture settings at their default settings.

This effect seems to be more pronounced on scenes with much motion.

I also have an issue with audio delay.  This has been mentioned many times before with no apparent resolution.  I work around the problem, when watching TV through the cable box, by running the cable box audio directly to an external amp.  It would be nice to have this issue resolve.

Thanks....

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlH
Options

Hi @lk1702.  Can you confirm the software version you're currently running? This can be found in Support > About this TV. Do you have a soundbar or other home system connected to your TV? 

0 Likes
lk1702
First Poster
Options

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply.  Software version is:  T-MSLAKUC-1356.0.

I only have a Spectrum DVR cable box and a Sony Blu-Ray player on the HDMI ports.

Lloyd K.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Does the screen issue occur if you remove these devices? Can you perform a Picture Test too? To do this, go into Settings > Support > Perform Picture Test. 

0 Likes
lk1702
First Poster
Options

The same issue with just the cable box as a source.  The picture test was just a fixed image, with no motion so it didn't show a problem.

0 Likes