Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Using game mode for TV channels

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 11:24 AM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , does anyone use game mode for watching normal TV ?? I tried it and it seems fine , just wondered if it affected anything , thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Edgie70: Game Mode reduces motion blur and input latency but it can also result in a brighter screen which is not optimal for some programmes. With this in mind you can activate it and view normal TV but I would strongly recommend exploring the other available picture options so you don't miss out.
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for your reply , I've got it on dynamic at the minute and tweaked it a bit which I think it looks good , if I do decide to use game mode i presume it will be ok to do so 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
It's fine to use Game Mode, however I'd advise against it when viewing TV programmes, simply because the picture quality is richer in Dynamic, Standard, Natural and Movie modes.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would not think Game Mode is the best option for regular Tv for reasons mentioned by @AndrewL.    Depends on  preferences but personally I would not recommend Dynamic Mode as whilst brighter and punchier (which some obviously like) ,some colours can  be exaggerated and lack finer detail.  However may be more natural if you tweak some of the settings.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Well as usual with Samsung TVs I got the odd bit of judder so I've put it back in game mode , tweaked colour etc etc and I've got a picture now that I like and no judder at all , top tip if you want no judder use game mode !! Cheers guys 

Adam Sprinkler
First Poster
Options

I own a budget 43T5300 Samsung Smart TV and although it is a 2020 model with an advertised PQI (Picture quality Index) of 1000 the picture quality is far worse than that of my old 43K5100 (non smart/5 series) of 2016 which had only a PQI of 300. Shame on you Samsung.
The only way I found to get a "decent" picture though is to put this TV on GAME mode all the time. I know this is not the normal way to follow, but what can we do if manufacturers sell bad calibrated TV's to their customers...

0 Likes