Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a Samsung signage monitor, model LH55QBBEBGCXEN, as a TV

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Miguelmn
First Poster
Options

Hello,
I'm considering purchasing a Samsung 55" 4K UHD Monitor, Model LH55QBBEGCXEN, to use as a TV. I currently have a, so-called, smart Sony TV which is giving me all sorts of problems. Time to get rid of it.
I'm looking to hook up the monitor to my Yamaha AV receiver, it has 5 HDMI (one with ARC). I'd also like to connect the following to the TV via the Yamaha AV; Apple TV, Amazon Firestick 4K, a 4K Blu-ray player and a regular DVD player (problem with my 4K playing DVDs, reason for this one) and a Sony Entertainment PC (connected directly to the monitor via one of the spare HDMI ports).
Would there be any problems hooking up these items to the Samsung monitor? The monitor does have 3 HDMI ports, one is ARC.
After five years with my Sony TV I no longer want a 'Smart' TV. 
Any opinion?
Thanks!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Miguelmn: If you're looking for a replacement for your TV, and this is for a personal, home entertainment set up, the I wouldn't recommend a Smart Signage QMB, as this is intended for display purposes, and lacks certain Smart features such as third party app support. With this in mind, I recommend exploring your options via the link below, and checking out our available range of monitors, as this will be best suited for your intended set up. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/all-monitors/

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Signage TV lack alot of features, like no working ariel socket or unable to get smart TV apps
0 Likes
Miguelmn
First Poster
Options

My plan is to use the signage TV as a monitor to watch films and TV programs via Apple TV, Amazon Firestick and films on my Blu-ray 4K player. I don't want to plug an aerial, or cable, to the tv. In the UK there is Freeview, which I hate, so I don't need to have access to that. Basically I don't want, or need, a TV tuner. I don't want apps on the TV (I have  those on my Apple TV and Amazon Firestick). Basically I do not want a 'SMART TV'. 

I have a Yamaha AV receiver from which I can plug my devices (via HDMI - one with ARC) so my audio will be from that. I also have an entertainment PC (Sony) from which I can access the Internet. Though I think the signage TV can also access the Internet. 

My main concern is picture quality. I've looked at the latest Sony 'smart' TVs and I like their features but their very expensive, and, of course, they're all 'smart TVs". The signage TV I'm considering costs £707.00, down from £1,200.

So, the features you've mentions are not important to me. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can't say what the quality will be like or how well it will work but just know its very scaled down

Good luck with it, if you go that route
0 Likes