Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Playback on Samsung UA65RU8000

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 01:34 AM)
Michael081
Student
Options

I recently upgraded my tv from a Samsung UA55MU8000 to a UA65RU8000.
I had an external hard drive connected to the old tv with tv shows/movies etc which played all files fine. 
When connected to the new tv, certain files (typically avi files) are no longer working, yet working perfectly fine on the old tv?

Has anyone encountered this issue/have a fix for it? Found it strange given both tvs are series 8 models. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
HK33
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem on my 7 seris It will play mp4 but not Avi.

I have searched everware for a Firmware update, or a codec.

I dont think there is one yet. H...

0 Likes
Michael081
Student
Options

The only work around I've come up with is to plug the hard drive into my PlayStation instead of the tv. It's a bit annoying to have to turn the PlayStation on every time but it at least means I don't lose half my shows and movies. Still find it weird that it worked fine on my old series 7 and on my older series 8 tv but not my new one. 

0 Likes
Jasand1
Student
Options

Just unbeliveable that 2020 TV doesnt play avi. I didnt even think about checking this out before buying. OMG!

Really Samsung?!?!

0 Likes
Michael081
Student
Options

I know! I was the same. You just assume that if it reads a USB, it will read all media files. Annoying part is that my manual actually says that it plays all the types. Just glad I figured a work around so I don't lose half my tv shows and movies. 

0 Likes