Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading TV

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 12:20 AM)
Danny-r
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Looking at upgrading TV. Looking at around 50" as I feel any larger will be too big for the room. Unfortunately that rules out a few that aren't available in that size.

My current TV, I've had about 5 years now, is the Samsung J5100. It's not 4K so pretty much anything I get will be an upgrade. The TV gets used for a variety of things, I do game but if I'm honest I'm not willing to pay the price that I'd have to to get 120Hz as I'm of the opinion that a lot of games, for the majority of the next gaming generation, won't support it in 4K and those that do, the benefit will be small. I'm not the sort of person to pay a lot more for a small benefit. If the benefit is large I'll pay it, otherwise I'm just stubborn!

I'm looking at both the TU8500 and Q60T. A £200 difference, however, I'm wondering of the difference between the two. From what I gather, the LED is top-range LED and the QLED is bottom of the range QLED. I've read a few things about the difference being small between the two.

The jump from the J5100 to a current model is going to be large regardless. Just wanting some further opinions.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@Danny-r: I've had a look into this for you, and can see the following notable differences between the 2 models.

TU8500: Video - Crystal Processor 4K, HDR, Dynamic Crystal Colour

Audio - Dolby Digital Plus

Q60T: Video - Quantum Processor Lite, Quantum HDR, 100% colour volume with Quantum Dot.

Audio - No Dolby Digital Plus

The above was what stood out to me, however I recommend checking the full specs for both devices via the links provided below, to help you make an informed choice. 

TU8500: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhdtv-tu8500/UE50TU8500UXXU/

Q60T: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q60t/QE50Q60TAUXXU/

0 Likes