Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade One Connect Box Q9FN?

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 08:11 AM)
RAG
Apprentice
Options
When Samsung reps were trying to sell TVs over 2 years ago (JS9000, KS9000, Q9FN), they constantly sold them on the premise Samsung will release newer One Connect Boxes so, "Your TV will never go out of date."

Where is this option? Can I upgrade the One Connect Box for my 65 Q9FN so that it's HDMI ports are the newer versions found on the recent QLED models so I can FINALLY pass through Dolby Atmos from the TV!?

Surely this shouldn't be a hard thing to upgrade. Come on Samsung. Fulfill your promises...
38 REPLIES 38
skoogan
First Poster
Options

Im in the same boat, ps5 is on its way. If they expect my to buy a new tv again, It will not be a samsung. I also have a samsung phone. But I will never buy anything from samsung again if this isnt fixed

Neolink
Journeyman
Options

Singed. I paid over $3000 for this set, it was my third Samsung flagship set. I came over to Samsung from Sony and this will be my last Samsung  purchase if they don't do something to support their flagship buyers. I'm over it. Bought the set primarily for gaming - it was marketed for gaming and being "future proof". I understand future proof isn't "forever proof" but it's been 2 years and the fix isn't that hard. Just give me the option to buy an updated One Connect Box so I can game at 4K 120Hx, problem solved. 

0 Likes
Garrett1878
First Poster
Options

I bought this Flagship tv (Q9FN) with a view that an upgrade would be made available with the One Connect Box, to help future proof the item. I am putting my money on that not happening, which is madness considering the advantage of the One Box.

I will be putting my money on another tv, most likely LG to resolve this problem myself. The Q9FN will be sold.

You have lost a loyal Samsung customer here.

Ruelando
First Poster
Options

Agreed! Will never buy a Samsung product again with this *****ty customer service, and total lack of respect and loyalty for their paying customers!

0 Likes
Ruelando
First Poster
Options

I was promised an upgrade to HDMI 2.1 when I bought my Samsung Q9FN. Than they backed out of that of course. And when I asked for my money back, they didn’t even take me serious.

0 Likes
SteMoNY
Apprentice
Options

I plugged in my new PS5 last night to learn my 75” Samsung Q9FN, which I paid $3,700 less than two years ago, did not have any HDMI 2.1 port.  See PS5 video verification photo attached. I verified this by plugging the PS5 into all the ports - with no success.  How is it possible that Samsung’s flagship TV does not offer this either thru a firmware update or an option to purchase an updated OneConnect box.  Samsung - You dropped the ball here!  If Samsung thinks I’m going to go out and buy another Samsung TV to fix this - you’re madly mistaken.  Make this right, Samsung.  I will post a YouTube video soon showcasing this issue soon.  Maybe then Samsung will address this issue!

ChrisGG
Apprentice
Options

Yes, at least the option to buy an upgrade would be fine for me. 

Prolific
First Poster
Options

Same boat, only solution is just to not buy Samsung panels in the future.

Everyone who bought into marketing of the upgradability of this TV to hdmi 2.1 because it modular one connect box design was deceived . Its clear Samsung has no problem misleading their cusomters. https://imgur.com/a/gQt0wbk 

0 Likes
Neil14
First Poster
Options

Did you get this sorted? Thanks

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

I think that since there is a lot of interview of when our model came out in such Samsung expert where publicizing the one connect box upgrade, that we can fill a class action against Samsung so that they will upgrade or refund us