Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the Netflix App on a Samsung UE 40ES5500 Smart Hub TV

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 01:41 PM)
Guyfawkes
First Poster
Options

Hi to Everyone

My home TV a Samsung Model Code UE 40ES5500.  Software Version. T- MST10PDEUC - 2009.0 has an outdated App for Netflix. There are no facilities on the TV to update the App to the latest version which will enable viewing of its Films etc.   Amazon Prime App has been updated and operates correctly. Other Apps have also been updated and work correctly. It seem apparent that the Samsung software does not support an update of the Netflix App. I would appreciate any help to enable me to overcome this technical issue. Many thanks. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Could you kindly contact netflix regarding this matter as they can only help.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Guyfawkes: Can you try heading to Menu > Support > Software Update to see if any updates are available that might address this issue? If not, navigate to Netflix, tap the Tools button on your remote and select Delete, if applicable, then attempt to reinstall the app to push through any available updates. It may be the case that Netflix have stopped supporting their app on this model, therefore if it is not visible when you search for it in the App store then this is likely to be the case. 

0 Likes
Guyfawkes
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your response and suggestions. I had gone down the update route  without success. I have tried the Netflix update as suggested. Sadly the same result, it’s not updating. Can I ask a question please. Would it be possible to down load a link for Netflix and apply the data via a USB port on the TV. I believe your conclusions that Netflix don’t support this TV for their App Many thanks 

0 Likes
Guyfawkes
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your support. The issue has been resolved. The TV will not support the Netflix App in its latest format. When the Sky Q box was installed I was able to us the Sky Platform to access Netflix. Great to have a workable solution. 

0 Likes