Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Updated to 1461.0 no fix) v1304.0 update downgraded game-mode on Q95T without local-dimming

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 05:25 AM)
Suriya
Voyager
Options

After updating to 1304 game-mode looks washed out compared with previous version 1115.5 

Now local dimming looks completely turned off on game-mode (without game motion plus). Clearly visible on PS4 pro booting screen entire screen lit up and looks grayish/blooming.

in previous version few zones only lit up around the ps4 logo rest remain dark.

Also looks more banding and purple/green ghosting somewhere even game motion plus ON. I Clearly remember before 1304 update everything looks sharp with effective local dimming on game-mode. After 1304 update gamemode looks washed-out especially when displaying dark areas.

Already we're struggling to get a fix for that game-mode HDR dimming bug now its got even worse. How can you roll-out update without testing it properly?

Edit: GAME MOTION PLUS off local  dimming is not effective and colors are saturated with superior brightness (preferred this always but there is firmware issue every 6min display is dimming lost 40% brightness automatically on HDR when GMP off)

With game motion plus ON local dimming is effective like it was before but colors are slightly washed-out when sliders set to 0 (for possible low input lag). Setting any sliders to 1 restores the lost colors.  GMP ON has lesser brightness no difference switching local dimming to low.

Really messed up game-mode on this TV some serious fixing is needed.

@SidL  @AntS 

23 REPLIES 23
Muffin1611
Apprentice
Options

Same problem on my new Q80T, game mode makes everything look grayish/washed out, on newest firmware, in SDR (maybe also in HDR). Changing sliders or other settings doesnt help. This makes FreeSync and other features of Game Mode useless and I have to play in Standard Mode instead.

Edit: It turns out my problem was another issue entirely. Turning on Game mode turned on HDR in Windows automatically, which made SDR look washed out.

I still have problems with blooming/local dimming, but that's being covered in another thread.

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Samsung did the same thing to the 2018 Q8FN in a firmware update a long time ago. They destroyed a beautiful TV. I am personally done with Samsung. Their firmware “updates” break more than they fix and also downgrade the picture quality

Alex278
Student
Options

Ya, I know its bad, 4or 5 updates back was the best, after that all down hill from there. SAMSUNG is blind because that's not good picture at all, banding, loss of detail and strangly an increase in detail where it wasn't necessary like peoples faces look sweaty or greesy an over exaggerated contrast, depth perspective is less then before, colors are off also,  I can't even give samsung the benefit of the doubt anymore. The firmware updates does barely anything infact its worse and does nothing for the betterment of the  viewing experience. I don't know who's idea this is but he or she is cooked and this needs a new set of eyes or management.

NoMoreQLED
Journeyman
Options

Do you have a download link for the 1302 version?

Edit: I found it, but I can't downgrade

Samsung. FIX THIS BUG!

0 Likes