Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated QN85B to firmware version 1503.9 and now LOCAL DIMMING STOPPED WORKING!!! BACKLIGHT BLEEDING EVERYWHERE!! PLEASE HELP!

(Topic created on: 13-06-2023 08:36 PM)
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

I have updated through USB stick my QN85B hoping to find the Philips Hue sync app in the app store but now the local dimming of my TV stopped working completely! the image is terrible! if this is not fix I will not buy a samsung product again! And i will inform others about it!! my tv is only one month old!!!!!!!!!!

Please Samsung find me a solution! TV.jpg

184 REPLIES 184
Members_AikddAH
Explorer
Options

I also had a bit grayish clouds and backlight coming through on the bottom of the screen. I did a smart calibration on film mode and now it's fixed and I have the deep blacks again on my QN85B

0 Likes
the_bart123
Navigator
Options

I was wondering about new firmware to my QN90B - I was checking in "updates" in TV but NOTHING.

So I was going to ask for it here online and....... I see THIS - PROBLEMS with new firmware released 5 days ago.

I wonder WHY Samsung releases new firmware on their website 1504 for QN90B BUT TV unable to find and still on 1420

0 Likes
Qyn
Explorer
Options

OMG, YOU’RE A LEGEND! I ran the smart calibration through my phone and then just reset the picture settings & put back my settings. Local dimming works again perfectly, omg I love you. I hope it doesn’t break again, but works now, I can’t believe it.

Qyn
Explorer
Options

Just to be sure I restarted the TV and issue came back, I’m sad..

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

mine went back today! No more!! 

0 Likes
Qyn
Explorer
Options

Yeah, I’m still in contact with support, we’ll see what their final verdict will be. They asked for a bunch of pictures, I also sent them info about this smart calibration workaround.

Also, you apparently don’t even need to apply the calibrated settings, you can just run the calibration and then leave the original settings on, that still (temporatily) fixes the local dimming.

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Temporarily does not do it for me! Im going for an oled bro! No more backlight bleeding.

Members_AikddAH
Explorer
Options
  • I tried it, restarting by holding the power button 5 sec. And the issue came back. But normal on and off in stand-by after smart calibration works fine. But this still has to be updated very soon. And the hue sync app bug too.
0 Likes
User20
Pioneer
Options

Can you also ask support when the hue sync tv app for the missing TVs will be added to the store?

I read on reddit that the app should be in the store with this new update 😞

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

what did they say? mine...they've changed the motherboard. they say...they managed to fix the problem. I am waiting for the tv to arrive tomorrow to check everything. awful service by samsung! 1500euro tv one month old and they had to change the motherboard. also if your tv has more than 7 hours of usage they wont replace it!! I will NEVER buy a samsung product again!

0 Likes