Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated QN85B to firmware version 1503.9 and now LOCAL DIMMING STOPPED WORKING!!! BACKLIGHT BLEEDING EVERYWHERE!! PLEASE HELP!

(Topic created on: 13-06-2023 08:36 PM)
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

I have updated through USB stick my QN85B hoping to find the Philips Hue sync app in the app store but now the local dimming of my TV stopped working completely! the image is terrible! if this is not fix I will not buy a samsung product again! And i will inform others about it!! my tv is only one month old!!!!!!!!!!

Please Samsung find me a solution! TV.jpg

184 REPLIES 184
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Already done that. it did not fix anything!

0 Likes
Qyn
Explorer
Options

IMG_0292.jpeg

55 inch QN85B, updated to 1504, same issue. Local dimming dims just fine if the whole screen is black, but if there’s any other content on a black background it looks awful. Hopefully a software update will fix this. Contacted support, they asked for my phone number, we’ll see what they say on monday.

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

they called me and told me that they need to change the motherboard. They will pick it up on Monday! Hopefully they will fix it. But the whole process they put me through is not acceptable for me. Thank God i have warranty. I will never trust samsung again! Terrible! 

0 Likes
User20
Pioneer
Options

So the problem was that you installed 1503.9 instead of 1503.8, which destroyed the motherboard?
And there is still no Sync TV app?

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Yes, after the update the blacks are no longer blacks! the picture is terrible! they told me that they have to change the motherboard. I do not believe it will fix anything. it seems something is off with the backlight and panel after the update. SAMSUNG is terrible! i was a samsung customer on tvs. Never again!!

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

also my tv is one month old!! bought it May 2023

0 Likes
User20
Pioneer
Options

So you would recommend not to install the update and wait?

Can you find the hue sync tv app in the app store?

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

DO NOT UPDATE!! if your picture is ok. DONT DO ANYTHING! my tv is one month old QN85B and it was working perfectly until I updated! Now there is BACKLIGHT BLEEDING! It is terrible....and i am trying to find a solution with warranty. DO NOT UPDATE!! Trust me

ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

also still, no hue sync app 

User20
Pioneer
Options

Ok thanks for the tip, the only reason would have been the hue app for me anyway.... Too bad they don't even make the app finally available for the right models despite the bug

0 Likes