Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE Google Play Movies & TV app no longer working

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 09:54 AM)
alexwent
Explorer
Options

UPDATE. While I was on the phone to the UK hotline, the Google Movies app started working again on my Frame 2019 55" model.  RECOMMENDATION: If anyone still has this particular problem, please let Samsung know. Samsung TV Google Play Movies app no longer works.  Logo is followed by blank screen. Have tried resetting apps, TV and One Connect box. Can still cast via Chromecast; it Samsung's built-in app that is not working.

41 REPLIES 41
Kenzibit
Apprentice
Options

@Stedy76 wrote:

HI, Did you find a fix for this issue? as it has happened to me today. It was also preinstalled on my TV, I can't delete the App but have reinstalled it. But nothing but a black screen after boot up logo disappears. 

Details:

google play movies version: 1.0.11

Updated: 16/04/2020

TV:QE65Q6FAM

Software version: T-KTMDEUC-1280.5 ,BT - S

Still don't have it working. I even forgot about it.

BioHazard ☣️
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Kenzibit ,

I can see that the latest software version available for this TV is 1294.0 in the UK/EU.  If you would like, you can follow the Upgrade Guide for full instructions on how to update your TV via USB found here or you can follow these steps: Remember that you will need a blank USB stick. After downloading the Upgrade File, make sure you extract the file from the folder. Keep in mind that this file is a “Self Extracting” one and needs Double clicking from a Windows PC to start the .exe file process. Also, make sure that you place the extracted file in the root directory of the USB stick. Let us know how that goes.

Would you be able to give this a try and let me know the results? Is this only affecting this app? If this is the case, do you have the TV connected to a strong network connection?

0 Likes
alexwent
Explorer
Options
Moderator, please note comments below and also that I have started a new thread about Google Play Movies app not working. Many people having this problem across the range (I have a Frame 2019 55" model)
0 Likes
Stedy76
Journeyman
Options
Also please note It seems to only be isolated to this App. 34mbps fibre internet, ethernet connected to TV.
0 Likes
almac
Explorer
Options

Same here, happened last night out of the blue. I'll look for your other thread and get behind it!

0 Likes
submarinex1
Apprentice
Options

Yep still dead this morning, app is showing its 2018 version but not sure what it should be.

Bluetone
First Poster
Options

Seems a lot of us are effected. Any updates from Samsung?

alexwent
Explorer
Options
almac
Explorer
Options

Glad it's not just me. Thought it might be a Google thing, but Movies fine on my phone, Macbook etc. Both my Samung TVs, both less than 2 years old, app giving me blackscreen as of yesterday p.m.

submarinex1
Apprentice
Options
Problem with company help pages they only tell you stuff you already knew. Problem is you cant do anything other than reset tv,try update app and if it dont work nothing else you can do.
0 Likes