Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 1160.6 black screen on start

(Topic created on: 27-01-2017 08:38 PM)
phfixer2
Student
Options

I have two new samsung TV's one bought mid september the other late december , both have been suffering from a blank screen on start since update 1160.6 that was released mid Jan , I have been in touch with Samsung and have so far reset my TV's, reset my Hubs, disconnected from mains for 15 mins, then an hour and then four and then 8 hours. If I start the TV and select the source IE TV or SKY I then get the picutre and it then works fine until I next switch off the TV's for more than from two hours to 4 hours depending on how they feel, I have no admittance from Samsung yet that it was their update , but for two TV's to go wrong on the same day with the same fault after the same update is odds on favourite down to Samsung , others are suffering this and ptuuting it down to their sky Q boxes and a Handshake problem with HDMI but some now have also found out it has also had an affect on thier TV channels if they try them, as I have one that starts to TV and one to Sky and they both have the same fault I didn't need to realise the fault is not HDMI related. I have had a list of things to try from Samsung and replied telling them they have not worked and still no reply, I have gone to twitter and got a promise of a phone call, I will post on my groups on facebook soon and get it shared warning people , I am an ex serviceman and in some very large groups and I am also in some large selling groups, I will also but something on Youtube for people to see and see what response I get soon if I do not get some joy from Samsung.  

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
Stevie
First Poster
Options

Since the recent update to the software version on the KS8000 series to v1160 my TV turns on with a blank screen not connecting to my SKY Q. I need to use the TV remote and access Source to re confirm the function before picture is seen. This has only happened since the upgrade which points to a fault / untested upgrade by Samsung. 

I have read many other Samsung customers on the chats, blogs and the community with the same issue since the update. 

Can Samsung please respond, advising when the urgent fix will be in place. 

TV has been reset to factory settings and all troubleshooting exercises have been carried out. The issue is within the latest update and not anything to do with SKY. 

0 Likes
Ade234
First Poster
Options

Yep - I have exactly the same problem now since the 1160 firmware update. Prior to this is was fine. No the TV turns on and you just get a black screen even though the Sky box is on and the TV displays the correct HDMI1 banner. The only way to get the picture is to go into the SmartHub and select the Sky HDMI1 input again.

Could Samsung please advise that this is a known fault in this 1160 firmware of at least the KS8000 series and when we might expect the fix?

0 Likes
UPDATEERROR
Apprentice
Options

Yesterday my new (2months) TV UE40KU6020 stopped working after being 15min on , screen went red and then turned off. I coundn't turned it on and thought that it's main board damage but finally after few tries i was able to turn it on but only logo of SMART TV turned on for 2 sec and turned off. The same thing repeats , it looks like TV is trying to connect to something then turns off then turns on again . I think something happened during the new update from 25.01.2017. Any suggestions how to fix it?

Update Error
0 Likes
UPDATEERROR
Apprentice
Options

Yesterday my new (2months) TV UE40KU6020 stopped working after being 15min on , screen went red and then turned off. I coundn't turned it on but finally after few tries i was able to turn it on but only logo of SMART TV turned on for 2 sec and turned off. The same thing repeats , it looks like TV is trying to connect to something then turns off then turns on again . I think something happened during the new update from 25.01.2017. Any suggestions how to fix it?

Update Error
0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi there @UPDATEERROR,

Was the TV switched off or disconnected from the internet during the update?

To determine whether there is a connection error between the TV and server, can you disconnect the TV from the internet, then power it on? If you're using a wireless connection, turn off the router to stop the TV connecting to the internet. 

Let us know how it goes!

0 Likes
UPDATEERROR
Apprentice
Options

Hi, i've tried it several times but unfortunately nothing works. The only dofference is when wifi is not on i'm not able to turn on TV at all, when wifi is on i'm able to tirn the tv on but only Smart TV logo is showing for few seconds ant TV is turning off then after few seconds its on and then off.  It's looping like this untill i turn off the power or wifi.

Update Error
0 Likes
phfixer2
Student
Options

I have two new samsung TV's one bought mid september the other late december , both have been suffering from a blank screen on start since update 1160.6 that was released mid Jan , I have been in touch with Samsung and have so far reset my TV's, reset my Hubs, disconnected from mains for 15 mins, then an hour and then four and then 8 hours. If I start the TV and select the source IE TV or SKY I then get the picutre and it then works fine until I next switch off the TV's for more than from two hours to 4 hours depending on how they feel, I have no admittance from Samsung yet that it was their update , but for two TV's to go wrong on the same day with the same fault after the same update is odds on favourite down to Samsung , others are suffering this and ptuuting it down to their sky Q boxes and a Handshake problem with HDMI but some now have also found out it has also had an affect on thier TV channels if they try them, as I have one that starts to TV and one to Sky and they both have the same fault I didn't need to realise the fault is not HDMI related. I have had a list of things to try from Samsung and replied telling them they have not worked and still no reply, I have gone to twitter and got a promise of a phone call, I will post on my groups on facebook soon and get it shared warning people , I am an ex serviceman and in some very large groups and I am also in some large selling groups, I will also but something on Youtube for people to see and see what response I get soon if I do not get some joy from Samsung.  

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
phfixer2
Student
Options

UE40KU6470 & UE49KU6470

0 Likes