Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal remote volume not working.

(Topic created on: 19-06-2022 04:07 PM)
Josh041096
Explorer
Options
Hi all, Since the new update on my Samsung TV I am only able to turn the volume up on my sound bar TV remote and not my universal remote anymore, Has anybody else had this? And if so does anybody know how to fix it? Thanks in advance guys!
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Josh041096: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device or in Settings > Support > About This TV. For clarity, are you currently unable to adjust the volume on your connected soundbar using the Universal Remote feature of the Smart Remote? Is it just the volume control that is affected? On your TV, if you head to Home > Source > Universal Remote, is the soundbar registered here? 

0 Likes
Josh041096
Explorer
Options
Hi, Thank you for the reply. The soundbar sound is fine I am able to adjust that with the soundbar remote, It's the actual TV volume I am unable to adjust with the universal remote.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Josh041096: Are you able to adjust the soundbar volume using the Smart Remote? If you have the soundbar set up as your audio output, then this might be why the TV volume can't be adjusted. Please let me know the model number of your TV, and I will have a look into this for you. In the meantime, head to Settings > Sound > Sound Output, and check to see if you can set this as TV + Soundbar (for Q Symphony supported models only).

Josh041096
Explorer
Options
I have resolved the issue with your instructions, Thank you so much for all your help.
0 Likes