Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Remote loses settings

(Topic created on: 30-09-2020 07:39 PM)
Honkoponko
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have Samsung 65´´ 9 Series - UE65KS9000. 

I have a problem that every time I set up a universal remote funcion to the remote to control Additional Devices this set up is lost after couple of days (this is random sometimes one day sometimes couple)

Is there a way to fix it? Right now to use Samsung remote to control my TV Box I have to run setup sequence every few days and this is ultra annoying...

10 REPLIES 10
kenbob
Apprentice
Options

I have the same type of problem, except the remote "remembers" my Spectrum cable box but constantly "forgets" the Optical "speaker".  So it's doubly strange that it has selective memory.

I normally use the TV Speakers for everyday viewing, so I do not have my home theater receiver set up for auto-power-on with the TV.  (It's old enough that it doesn't work quite right with HDMI ARC)  I have an optical cable connecting from the TV to the receiver.  When I want to watch TV with the home theater speakers, I first turn on my receiver, then I change the TV from "TV Speakers" to "Optical (Brand)". This works fine until it doesn't, which is randomly.

What is most annoying though is that when the remote "forgets" its setting, I get a message covering top top portion of the screen, "No Speaker Detected, check the cable connection..." etc, while the sound drops out completely.

Samsung, PLEASE FIX THIS!  The smarter the TVs get, the less they do what we want them to!!!!!!!

0 Likes
kenbob
Apprentice
Options

I should mention, it's a 65" Q90, 2020 purchase.

0 Likes
Hans Henrik
First Poster
Options

Hi!

Have you solved the problem? I´m experiensing the same om my Samsung Q800T.

Hans Henrik

0 Likes
kenbob
Apprentice
Options

It seemed to be pretty stable for quite some time but it still does it intermittently. Haven't really nailed it down but it seems like if I switch to optical with the receiver turned off, it freaks out and loses the programming. 

Kforce
Apprentice
Options

Exactly same issue here ☹️, super annoying. Optical connection to Sony a/v, and every couple of days the device gets "lost/deleted" for no reason.  Tv: UE RU8000. Would love a firmware fix (on 1401)

0 Likes
kenbob
Apprentice
Options

What I ended up doing is leaving the TV set to "TV Speakers". The optical connection still works; I just turn the TV volume to 0 and turn on the receiver. Can't vouch that every format is passing through properly since my receiver is ancient, but I do get the sound in 5.1 which is how my system is set up. (Receiver says "Dolby Digital")

0 Likes
R3ddy
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.  Model - QN65Q60RAFXZA

0 Likes
tshahin
First Poster
Options

i started facing the same issue a few weeks ago, before which it never happened for as long as 9 or 10 months. can be firmware related. updates happen automatically so perhaps the latest version. i have to resync the remote several times a day now. i can't make sense of the problem. tried resetting the remote and didn't work. 

0 Likes
Cabo3818
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, also everytime I lose the remote settings, there is a high pitch sound heard

0 Likes