Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Synology NAS content

(Topic created on: 07-10-2023 11:41 AM)
Forestpct
Apprentice
Options
Have just installed a 2023 Samsung 55S95C. It's on a wired connection to home network which has a Synology NAS. All other devices on the network (TVs, phones, PcCs etc) can access the NAS via DNLA and play/view content. The NAS is shown in the Connected Devices and when I first accessed it I could see content. I accessed the photo library without issue but when I accessed the music content and tried to play a track it timed out. Now, when I try and access the NAS I get a "No Content Found" message. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Tx
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What are you using to access the NAS?
0 Likes
Forestpct
Apprentice
Options

Tx for response. I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  I have the latest Synology Media Server package (V2.1.0-3304) installed on the NAS and the other TVs on the network, access and play the content using DLNA.  I've not installed anything on these TVs (all also older Samsungs) to make this happen.  I assume the S95C should work the same way and, as per my post, it did appear to be doing so the first time I tried it. Folders and content on the NAS were visible until I tried to play an audio track at which point the TV access hung and since then I get the "No Content Found" message every time I try and access the NAS.  Access on other TVs continue to work fine. The NAS is a DS218play and is at latest DSM (7.2-64570 Update 3)

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry, I now realise the 55s95c is a TV! I am wondering if it's an audio file format issue. Best way to test is copy one of the audio files to a USB stick, plug it into the TV and see if it will play. All of my audio files are flac and will not play on my TV.
0 Likes
Forestpct
Apprentice
Options

Thanks again for advice.  The problem is resolved!  I had already rebooted the NAS (as part of the latest DSM update) but that didn't make any difference.  I then rebooted my router and it's also possible the TV was doing an update as well.  Anyway, all now working!

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yippee
0 Likes
Members_Zy5EyJs
First Poster
Options

I have got Samsung S90C QD-oled and it is not seeing my NAS in sources as just plug and play. My LG 2015 TV sees. What am I missing? I do want to use DS Video or some 3rd party apps. You would expect 2023 Samsung TV should just have a simple access to NAS via sources but no it isn't.. So frustrating..

0 Likes
SimichOil
First Poster
Options

Same with me - 77'' S90C - 3-4 weeks ago i was able to see the Synology NAS in the list with the connected devices. Since then - nothing is shown - no access to my NAS. In the DSM - my NAS sees the TV in the list with the devices - but the TV itself does not show the NAS.

Same with my external AV Receiver - 3-4 weeks ago - it was shown in the connected devices - not it is not shown. I wish i had an old school button like SOURCE so i can choose what i want to see....but now - i need to go to HDMI Diagnostics - to scan - and to confirm that the HDMI is working OK - and then i can see the Received itself. Very odd and annoying....

0 Likes
Mynicknameis
Journeyman
Options

Your Samsung S90C should have come with the solar cell remote and a standard remote.

The standard remote has a source button on it top right.

As for not seeing certain external devices, make sure that you have the latest firmware updated.

Then with the external device connected and powered on, simply run through the setup for it through the universal remote setup and it should see it if it is all connected correctly.

0 Likes
Mynicknameis
Journeyman
Options

You should just be able download DS video directly from apps on your Samsung tv.

See the link below for more information if you need it still.

https://kb.synology.com/en-sg/DSM/tutorial/What_should_I_know_about_DS_video_for_Samsung_Smart_TV

0 Likes