Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete redundant default apps on my TU8507 TV

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 05:10 PM)
Bladerunr
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a TU8507 TV (Dec 2020), There are a number of default apps installed which I cannot uninstall. I finally found the correct place (not as specified in the manual) to manage installed apps but the TV only allows me to delete those apps I've installed since purchase not the default apps. Redundant apps just take up space on the 'home' ribbon along the bottom of the screen. For example, I don't ever use any apple services but I cannot uninstall Apple TV or music, this is ridiculous and frustrating, why would Samsung prevent this? 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Bladerunr: Sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding this matter. As is the case with our mobile devices, our TV's come pre-installed with stock applications that form part of the software, and as a result they cannot be removed from the TV. To delete any installed apps, please head to Apps > Settings (cog symbol) > Navigate to the app you want to delete, and hit Select > Delete. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
GerryJ
Journeyman
Options
Sorry Andrew, but this isn't an answer to the question, is it? It was possible to delete pre-installed apps by activating Developer Mode, which added a Deep Link Test option to the drop down menu, from where you could then delete ANY app. This hack has been nullified by Samsung I'm guessing, as it doesn't work anymore. My TV is just a month old, and storage memory is down to less than 50 MB (3%), and I've only added one app (Disney +). Very, very soon, there isn't going to be any space for updates. This isn't just an "inconvenience", as it will severely impact the usability of the device. Forcing these apps on us without prior consent or the option to delete is just plain wrong
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Hey Gerry I assume you never heard back on this? Im in same boat and deep link hack no longer works. Cant understand how this is allowed to happen by Samsung. Such an awful design fail which would think they would find solution for 😞

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Would appreciate guidance on smarttvs

We have multiple TVs different years and it is the same storage running out with the default apps. Pulling TVs out of flush mount against wall to add memory card will cost money  

if you cannot help us at least please let us know. Even phone service said to me they can send a tech repairman to charge me to tell me this is bloatware sorry sucker 

how is this ok? Cant evem stream a movie on my 2 year old TV without it freezing up?

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

Noone seems to have heard i am always researching. Like we are completely ignored by samsung for a known and common issue that spans all different models and years. Samsung has lost me as a customer. Never again will i purchase from them 😞

0 Likes