Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Samsung server (129)

(Topic created on: 18-07-2020 03:11 PM)
AbSteve
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung 7 series 55'' TV two days back (this Samsung TV is manufactured in Russia and I am using it in Maldives). During the intial setup and even later I am unable to login to my Samsung Account, as I get the error message "Unable to connect to Samsung server. Check your network settings or try again later (129)". I get the same error when I try to sign in or when clicking the Create Account button. The internet is working fine and I can access and use already installed apps like Netflix. 

I have tried suggestions found on other threads like soft reset, hard reset even factiory reset twice but none of those have worked. 

I would appreciate any solution to this issue. Thank you. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @AbSteve ,

As this is not a UK/EU model, our support here is limited. Have you been able to use this before? Are you able to log in to your Samsung Account using a different device? 

0 Likes
AbSteve
First Poster
Options

I understand. 

I haven't been able to use it before on this TV. My Samsung Account works fine on my phone and laptop. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine @AbSteve . Have you tried to contact our colleagues in your region or the region where the TV was manufactured to see if there is a temporary server issue or get more information about how to resolve this? Take a look at this link to find their contact details. 

0 Likes
hanni123
First Poster
Options

Hi . I dont know if you would see this but, Did you solve this issue? I'm also facing the same error. What did you do

0 Likes
enigma5
First Poster
Options

Hey brother I'm having the same model TV and I'm having exactly the same issue you're having. Have you resolved this? Any ideas ??

0 Likes
Napog
First Poster
Options

Hi @AbSteve, I also have the same issue, my region is in South East Asia. I could not find a way to fix this. Hove you found a way to fix yours? 

0 Likes
Ahussie07
First Poster
Options

Hello guys, i am from maldives. the fix for the above mentioned issues are to change the region of your TV by going into the settings. It will fix the Samsung account login issue. Either change to UK or US. (Y)

hanni123
First Poster
Options

@Ahussie07 wrote:

Hello guys, i am from maldives. the fix for the above mentioned issues are to change the region of your TV by going into the settings. It will fix the Samsung account login issue. Either change to UK or US. (Y)

Hi, I'm from Maldives,  got my Samsung  smart 42" tv two months back. I did try changing region.it does allow me to see different apps in the Samsung hub. However it's of NO USE. Cant install any app from it. Every app says its not Available in this region. I was told by the shop that i wont be able to use hub cause they dont provide the service to this region. I dont know why people would sell smart tv if we can't use smart hub which is kind of the main reason to buy a smart tv . No use of signing in .🤦‍♀️ so frustrating 

0 Likes
Oceansounds
First Poster
Options

Hi Steve

I also experienced the same thing with my tv here in the Maldives.  In order to resolve it you have to do the following:

Reset the Smarthub

When the tv start after the reset click set up tv .  It will go to the terms and conditions.  Before you agree to the terms and conditions press mute, volume up, channel up and mute again.  A  list of all the countries will appear.  select the country you wish to locate your tv,  and press okay and then agree to terms and conditions and continue.  You will be able to log into your Samsung account and down load and install apps.   I selected US and now the Smarthub I get is the US hub.

Thank you.

0 Likes