Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to accept terms and conditions on hub tv

(Topic created on: 10-01-2018 01:47 PM)
LP7
Student
Options

connected to wifi and all set on my smart tv, but it will not allow me to accept terms and conditions on hub tv.  Although it says that internet connection is not stable I can assure you it is.  

image.jpg

can anyone suggest on any other issue it could be? Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Pilotbob599
Journeyman
Options

Ethernet or Wi-Fi? If Wi-Fi, and if you have dual frequency, try changing to 2.5 rather than 5 , this is usually more stable. You could also go into settings and reset the hub and start again. 

Let us know how you get on?

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I had this as well when i first got the KS7000 but I cannot remember how I got past it but I do know it was very frustrating.

0 Likes
Paulh100
Explorer
Options

I have this problem too.

Most similar posts I have read are aluding to the geographical location of the TV in relation to where you actually are actually watching it, compaired to the market it was intended for.

EG its made for USA but you are watching in Guam.

I am in Gibraltar, the tv has a sticker on the back Norges Television.  And also made in Slovakia.

I have tried a vpn on my wifi to trick the tv into thinking its in various countries but it still has the error as shown in the picture.

What a waste of money

0 Likes
Djpc91
First Poster
Options

@Paulh100 wrote:

I have this problem too.

Most similar posts I have read are aluding to the geographical location of the TV in relation to where you actually are actually watching it, compaired to the market it was intended for.

I am in Gibraltar, the tv has a sticker on the back Norges Television.  And also made in Slovakia.

I have tried a vpn on my wifi to trick the tv into thinking its in various countries but it still has the error as shown in the picture.

What a waste of money

Hi Paul

Do u mean Gibraltar as in u r a llanito? Im in gib too and my smart hub stopped working this week. Had to reset it and now the terms and conditions wont download. Im on Umee and tried to connect the tv wirelessly and using ethernet with no luck. Have u managed to find a solution?

Daniel

0 Likes
Solution
Paulh100
Explorer
Options

I have solved the issu on my 2017 Smart TV. It's a combination of lots of the other "Solutions"

It's more about identifying the exact issue.

The issue for me was that I bought my Samsung TV and found that on the back it indicated it was made for the Nordik market.

I am English

I was in Southern Spain

I wanted to download Apps from the UK and have my TV give me stuff like ITV Hub and More 4

I tried to reset the TV to get English apps but it only had Nordik countries or Iberian countries as options

The license wouldn't down load and complained about the quality of the internet connection (which was perfectly good so the message is not a true reflection of the problem)

What I had to do was

1/ Follow other peoples advice for Setting up Nordvpn on a Windows 10 Computer

2/Set it up to act as a WiFi Hot Spot

3/ Connect the VPN to the locale that the TV is set to(So In my case it was Norwey)

4/ on the TV - remove the ethernet cable if it exists

5/ reset the TV

6/ Choose Norway as the country when prompted

7/ Choose the WiFi hotspot you set up above when prompted

{So Now the TV is trying to setup for it's original location (Norway) and the IP address it gets is a Norway address.}

8/You will now get the license screen with proper tick boxes although in norwegian in my case. Accept the defaults all the way until the setup has completed.

So now the TV is fully licensed.

Now set it up for where you want the TV local to be

9/ on the Computer change the VPN to your desired country - for me it was the UK

10/ on the TV reset to defaults again

11/ choose your language as English

12/ Choose the Region as Other

13/ Choose the Cmputer WiFi Hot spot (which you just set to UK)

14/ When the license page comes up it will be in Norwegian (in my case)

15 / press Mute then Vol-Up then Channel-up then Mute (you must press this sequence within 3 seconds of pressing Mute) e.g. the license page can be showing for any ammount of time but once you start pressing the button combination it must be completed within 3 seconds - which is actually pretty easy)

16/ choose United kingdom from the new list that appears on the screen

17/ The license screen will now change to English

18/ continue until the setup is completed.

19/ there is an element of trial and error when choosing the Antenna/Cable/Network combination for the TV channel tuning depending on how you are connected to the cable or Ariel, i can't help you with that.

20/ When you have finished setting upi the TV and have the all the TV channels you want configured, you can then disconnect from the Computer VPN Hot spot and reconnect your Ethernet cable / or regular Wi-Fi

All that sounds complicated but the idea is that you won't get the past the license screen until you connect the TV to the Region that it was made for.

The "key press combination" at the License screen to change your TV to the Region you want can only be achieved if you have the proper License screen with the tick boxes on display.

Once Licensed Then you can Connect it to the Region that you want to set it up for.

Paulh100
Explorer
Options

@Djpc91 wrote:

@Paulh100 wrote:

I have this problem too.

What a waste of money

Hi Paul

Do u mean Gibraltar as in u r a llanito? Im in gib too and my smart hub stopped working this week. Had to reset it and now the terms and conditions wont download. Im on Umee and tried to connect the tv wirelessly and using ethernet with no luck. Have u managed to find a solution?

Daniel

Hi Daniel

i am English, but working over here for a short time.

just in case you didn't see my solution....

I have solved the issu on my 2017 Smart TV. It's a combination of lots of the other "Solutions"

It's more about identifying the exact issue.

The issue for me was that I bought my Samsung TV and found that on the back it indicated it was made for the Nordik market.

I am English

I was in Southern Spain

I wanted to download Apps from the UK and have my TV give me stuff like ITV Hub and More 4

I tried to reset the TV to get English apps but it only had Nordik countries or Iberian countries as options

The license wouldn't down load and complained about the quality of the internet connection (which was perfectly good so the message is not a true reflection of the problem)

What I had to do was

1/ Follow other peoples advice for Setting up Nordvpn on a Windows 10 Computer

2/Set it up to act as a WiFi Hot Spot

3/ Connect the VPN to the locale that the TV is set to(So In my case it was Norwey)

4/ on the TV - remove the ethernet cable if it exists

5/ reset the TV

6/ Choose Norway as the country when prompted

7/ Choose the WiFi hotspot you set up above when prompted

{So Now the TV is trying to setup for it's original location (Norway) and the IP address it gets is a Norway address.}

8/You will now get the license screen with proper tick boxes although in norwegian in my case. Accept the defaults all the way until the setup has completed.

So now the TV is fully licensed.

Now set it up for where you want the TV local to be

9/ on the Computer change the VPN to your desired country - for me it was the UK

10/ on the TV reset to defaults again

11/ choose your language as English

12/ Choose the Region as Other

13/ Choose the Cmputer WiFi Hot spot (which you just set to UK)

14/ When the license page comes up it will be in Norwegian (in my case)

15 / press Mute then Vol-Up then Channel-up then Mute (you must press this sequence within 3 seconds of pressing Mute) e.g. the license page can be showing for any ammount of time but once you start pressing the button combination it must be completed within 3 seconds - which is actually pretty easy)

16/ choose United kingdom from the new list that appears on the screen

17/ The license screen will now change to English

18/ continue until the setup is completed.

19/ there is an element of trial and error when choosing the Antenna/Cable/Network combination for the TV channel tuning depending on how you are connected to the cable or Ariel, i can't help you with that.

20/ When you have finished setting upi the TV and have the all the TV channels you want configured, you can then disconnect from the Computer VPN Hot spot and reconnect your Ethernet cable / or regular Wi-Fi

All that sounds complicated but the idea is that you won't get the past the license screen until you connect the TV to the Region that it was made for.

The "key press combination" at the License screen to change your TV to the Region you want can only be achieved if you have the proper License screen with the tick boxes on display.

Once Licensed Then you can Connect it to the Region that you want to set it up for.

0 Likes
Fb8488
First Poster
Options

Hi Gibraltarians 

i am local to did you manage to sort this out I am so frustrated x please help

0 Likes
Munkh
First Poster
Options

15768407914666241863734496670200.jpg

IMG_20191217_084424.jpg

0 Likes
Linux1234
First Poster
Options
How did you deal with this? ours is saying the same?
0 Likes