Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UN65AU8000F -- TV Does Not See the Upgrade.MSD on USB drive.

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 10:02 PM)
JeffNY01
Apprentice
Options

I've been trying to update my tv to the latest version via USB, but when I connect the USB stick to the TV, the TV thinks the stick is empty. When I connect the USB to my PC, the upgrade.msd file is there. I have re-downloaded the update file several times. Tried three USB sticks, and even an SD card. I've been through all of the instructions for a USB update a dozen times. Does anyone know why the TV is unable to see the upgrade file on the USB?

13 REPLIES 13
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
What version is on your tv already and the the one your trying to add
G G
0 Likes
JeffNY01
Apprentice
Options

From version 2101.0 to 2111.1. 

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Thats odd. Have you tried the manual update in the tv menu? (Sorry stupid question) checking if the tv will find any pictures or videos on a memory usb. And made sure you have download the right ios version to your computer?
G G
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @JeffNY01 ,

I'm sorry to hear that. You have probably done this already, but did you unzip the file before placing this inside the USB? Did you follow these steps after downloading the new software version on your PC?

• When the file has finished downloading, locate it and then unzip it. There is normally one folder inside but there may be multiple files.
  • Copy or Move all of the files, that were included in the zip file, to a USB flash drive but do not place them inside any other folders. If you place the software folders inside a folder on the USB drive, the TV will not find them.
  • Connect the USB drive containing the software upgrade into a USB port on your TV.
    Using your TV's remote, navigate to Settings, and select Support. Select Software Update, select Update Now, and then select Yes.

Your TV will search the USB drive for update files. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated software. Updates usually take a few minutes; please do not turn off the TV until the update is complete. When the update is finished, the TV will restart automatically.

0 Likes
smcmackin20
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with my 43 inch AU8000. I have tried everything.

0 Likes
JeffNY01
Apprentice
Options

I’ve done this a dozen times. Nothing working. All I can think of now is, maybe Samsung posted the wrong update file on their website for this TV model. 

0 Likes
JeffNY01
Apprentice
Options

Still waiting for a solution, SAMSUNG!!!

0 Likes
dictoresno
First Poster
Options

im having the same issue for my AU8000 50 inch. my 55 inch in the living room updated successfully to 2120 but my 50 in is stuck on 1420.

I tried wifi updating, it said its up to date. I then tried 3 different USB sticks. downloaded the firmware file and copied the unzipped folder to the USB. it sees the files but when I select to search the USB stick for updates, it says none found. I even tried just including the image folder, nothing. then tried just the update.msd file by itself in the root of the USB, again nothing. when I bought the TV last week, it performed updates, I assumed it was firmware, but I guess not. anyone have any other ideas? Samsungs website says that 2120 is the most recent updated version available for my device so im unsure why its not updating either over the air or by USB.

0 Likes
TomServo92
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue with my UN65AU8000FXZA (65 inch 4K).  I have 2111.1 on it now and it won't update to 2120.0 (via USB or Internet).  Samsung, please respond to this thread.  We need your help with this!

0 Likes