Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UN55EH6001F TV continually restarting

(Topic created on: 15-08-2018 01:46 PM)
Jaydee2
First Poster
Options

Tv about 6 years old. As soon as I power on the 55” tv, it restarts by itself immediately and continuously. I swapped the remote and I swapped the power cord. Any suggestions or any steps to fix or to confirm the problem would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jaydee2 wrote:

Tv about 6 years old. As soon as I power on the 55” tv, it restarts by itself immediately and continuously. I swapped the remote and I swapped the power cord. Any suggestions or any steps to fix or to confirm the problem would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi @Jaydee2, I would remove all connections and unplug TV  for at 10-15 minutes before reconnecting and powering on.   If you get further can check if you have latest update, though no firmware for this TV online for USB connection-should have automatic updates though (even for 2012 set)  In any case if problem not solved and can proceed you should do a factory reset.  However may be a fault and if no joy you should contact Samsung Support for assistance.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

Cheers, JAMES4578! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: 

How did you get on with this one, @Jaydee2?

Parashooter
Student
Options

Did you ever find a solution?

I have a similar issue, but a year or 2 ago realized it was the satellite box and HDMI #1 didn't like each other - switched it to HDMI-2 and that went away...

BUT! - Every so often watching a DVD the TV would restart at a certain point in the movie - LIKE CLOCKWORK - I could back up and watch and count it down... 

More recently that has gotten VERY bad - Tonight while watching it would restart with infuriating regularity!  rewind and it happens at the same moment every time.

UNLESS - I put the scene into slow, frame-by-frame... 

SAMSUNG - You *ARE* aware of this,  RECALL these or give us the fix!!!

0 Likes
Philgadeth
Student
Options

Hello, 

In my case, my Samsung UN50F6800AF (2013) was stuck in a boot loop. I disconnected it from the wall for 12 hours. When I reconnected it, it started its boot loop again. I don't know if this applies at all to your model, but after disconnecting it, I removed the back panel and disconnected the connector the carries the WIFI, Bluetooth, Infra-red and physical switch wires, counted to ten and reconnected it. When I plugged the TV back in the wall outlet, it started up like brand new. In over a week, it has never rebooted by itself.

Here is what my TV looks like once the back panel is removed:

TeleSamsungBootLoop1Annotated.jpgI disconnected the connector for about ten seconds then put it back:

TeleSamsungBootLoop2.jpg

Before I disconnected this wire connector, I checked where it leads and I found it leads to the Wifi and Bluetooth modules, as well as the Infra-Red detector and hardware power/selection switch:

TeleSamsungBootLoop3Annotated.jpg

If the issue comes back, I'll only disconnect/connect the Bluetooth module and see if it fixes the issue. If not, I'll do the same with the WIFI module, then the IR and the switch.

I hope someone else fixes this issue by following my simple procedure. 

Parashooter
Student
Options

Thanks - I'll have to take a look at that...    searching online people says it's the capacitors.    Which might be true, but so many things point to a software glitch (restarting having something to do with input signal, for instance).

0 Likes