Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UN43TU8000FXZA Volume increase

(Topic created on: 04-11-2021 01:33 PM)
occicat
Explorer
Options

Purchased this UN43TU8000FXZA new and have had virtually no issues with it until today.

I currently have the UN43TU8000FXZA hooked up via optical to a Yamaha receiver and the samsung remote controls the volume.

I turned the receiver on and the TV on and the receiver volume went to 100+ max. To clarify, the original Yamaha remote is not in the room, not even powered up and has no batteries. It's just the Samsung remote and the Receiver controlled via the smart remote.

So while I was selecting music to listen to via Spotify, the volume on the receiver was being increased by the Samsung smart remote to 100+ max. Not having seen this, I hit play and got a earful, damaged some speakers, gave my family a heart attack and I've still got ringing in my ears from this, despite it being brief but extremely alarming.

I shut off everything and then powered up the Samsung and then the receiver, and watched the volume increase again.

Pressing the volume down button once stops the increase. Pressing the volume up for a few seconds then releasing, causes the volume to increase on it's own until you press up or down once.

It's never done this before since I've owned it, suddenly now it's starting up on it's own like this which is not good and the TV is not to be used until this is corrected as having your receiver turned up to 100 without your knowing ( there was no visual on the set to confirm) is a problem!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page maybe helpful to you

Use Auto Volume on a Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/smart-tv-how-do-i-use-auto-volume/

Does it only happen using Spotify
You might want to check
Settings Spotify
0 Likes
occicat
Explorer
Options

Hi Steve,

Steps to reproduce is as follows:

Receiver turned on, volume at 0
TV turned on, main menu is displayed on TV
Volume on smart remote pressed and held up, volume on receiver increases, then volume button is released
Volume continues to increase on receiver after volume button press has stopped

This is the behavior of the TV/Remote and separate from any application on the TV itself as the issue persists despite any application used on the TV

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
I wonder if another remote may fix the issue
Or try downloading one

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079343/
0 Likes
ashwinds
Explorer
Options

This is identical to this issue here

It started a couple of firmwares back and looks like it is not resolved yet 😞 

occicat
Explorer
Options

Wow, thanks for sharing this! It is absolutely ridiculous that Samsung hasn’t resolved this. But it doesn’t surprise me one bit after having a few Samsung Devices come out with hugs they never resolve, ever.

I can try to put a ticket in with them and see but it’s most likely looked upon as an edge case and not worth their time. 

0 Likes
ashwinds
Explorer
Options

Just an update:

I am using 55LS03TAK (Samsung Frame 55 inch) and today I upgraded the firmware to ver 2101.0 which was available (since Oct 13 apparently!). 

It appears to have fixed the bug. I have not tried this for too long (about 5 hrs) but I do not see it triggering in my normal use. 

0 Likes