Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD Color

(Topic created on: 21-05-2019 07:08 PM)
Monkeyrfc1690
First Poster
Options

Hi when I turn on UHD Color for the HDMI on my Xbox one x or PS4 pro I get occasional screen tearing and the screen flickering black. The model number for my Tv is UE55MU6120. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Monkeyrfc1690: First of all, check the picture settings on the consoles themselves to ensure they are set up to output in UHD. I also recommend going to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Auto Motion Plus Settings to see if this helps.
0 Likes
Monkeyrfc1690
First Poster
Options
Yes I've checked both consoles are set up to support UHD. My Auto Motion plus settings are set to auto do you recommend I switch this off. Thanks for your help
0 Likes
Monkeyrfc1690
First Poster
Options
I switched the auto motion plus off and having same issues
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
You can try it without Auto Motion Plus activated to see if you notice an improvement. Does the issue occur when you're playing certain games, or is it persistent across all games/apps (as it may be an optimisation or frame rate problem stemming from certain games)?
0 Likes
Monkeyrfc1690
First Poster
Options
I’m getting the problem across all games, apps, Netflix etc. When UHD Color is switched off there doesn’t seem to be an issue.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
The MU6120 offers UHD up-scaling rather than native 4k therefore this may be why you're having some issues with the picture. As an alternative approach you can try disabling HDMI UHD Color and enabling HDR+ by going to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > HDR+Mode. Another great feature is Game Mode which optimises the TV's settings for playing video games with a gaming console: Settings > General > External Device Manager > Game Mode.