Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE75RU7100KXXU - Ethernet speed is 10 times slower than laptop connected to the *same* Ethernet cable

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 11:41 AM)
Options

Hi Everyone,

I have tested my TV's internet connection speed, using speedtest.net and fast.com via the TV's browser app, and I was surprised to learn that my TV's download speed is much much slower than any other device connected using the exact same cable. More exactly, using speedtest.net, my laptop reached a speed of 220 Mbps (capped by VirginMedia, my internet provider, as per my contract specification), whereas the TV's top speed varies from less than 10 Mbps to about 30 Mbps (30 Mbps on very rare occasions). Both TV and laptop were connected using the same cable (I literally unplugged the Ethernet cable from the TV, and plugged it into the laptop). The fast.com results were a little better, but still the TV's speed was only around 90Mbps on fast.com, less than half the speed of other devices.

Technical details:

TV Model: UE75RU7100KXXU

Software version: T-MSLDEUC-1351.3

Status code: 10201_Z_HC2

Sub-micom: T-MLINTV-1008

Ethernet Cable: 3. meters, CAT6a Slim Gigabit Network Cable 10Gbps RJ45 Patch Lan Cable Fast High Speed

Internet connection: VirginMedia M200 Fibre Broadband

Router: VirginMedia Hub 3.0

Needless to say, this is highly dissapointing, and returning a huge 75" TV is very problematic to say the least, and something I am honestly dreading.

Now, I know that 30Mbps is enough to stream 4K UHD, but in most cases the results were closer to the 10Mbps mark, and even if they were always 30Mbps, this is besides the point. I am paying quite a bit to get a 220Mbps internet connection, have paid quite a bit to get a 4KUHD TV, and I am paying quite a bit to subscribe to various 4k streaming providers (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc). I would like to be able to get the most out of my brand new 2019 Smart TV.

Any help would be much appreciated.

As a final note, I am getting similar results over WiFi.

Best,

Ross

1 REPLY 1
Chadoku
First Poster
Options

The port on the tv is a fast ethernet 10/100 lol I realized that when troubleshooting today. I cant believe Samsung cheaped out on the NIC, I get faster speeds with wifi almost 200Mbps on the 5ghz band

0 Likes