Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE65MU7000 - NO FREEVIEW HD CHANNELS

(Topic created on: 09-03-2022 04:50 PM)
golders1
Apprentice
Options

A few days ago all the freeview HD channels have suddenly disappeared. Only TV Freesat available. Seems like other have same problem.

Tried auto scan/turn off and on/reset/ with and without aerial plugged in/ socket unplugged and replugged etc - NO DIFFERENCE.

Called satellite/aerial/cable engineer who spend lots of time checking block aerial and signal and confirmed with his device that HD coming to socket. problem with TV. TV not accepting HD channels.

Called Samsung support- somebody from Philippines called (hard to understand). He went through remote management (did same as me and engineer)

- OUTCOME. Nothing wrong with TV ...go back to aerial engineer !!!

Still without HD and other freeview channels...what to do.

Call Samsung again or engineer?????

Anyone else with same issue? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

To get the HD channels to reappear on your Samsung TV, you need to remove the aerial connection and auto tune your TV. The purpose of this is not to find new channels, but to reconfigure the internal TV tuner which will help to bring back up the original HD channels that were previously on your service
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@golders1  has already tried auto tuning with aerial disconnected and connected again.   Are there any known reception problems in the area, check here https://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview-channel-checker Has a Manual scan been attempted as shown here https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/help-guides/freeview/manual-retuning-to-restore-reception-or-missing...   

If all troubleshooting  has been tried including a factory reset and no known issue in area would suggest a problem with the aerial.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

golders1
Apprentice
Options

Tried many times but no improvement.

golders1
Apprentice
Options

Hi James, 

Thanks for input. 

No issues with freeview after checking many times.

But not tried manual tuning. Will give it a shot.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@golders1  oh right, thanks for confirming.  No guarantee but hopefully manual tuning might make a difference.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
golders1
Apprentice
Options

After reading freeview website, was wondering whether a separate Freeview box is needed. That said, this tv is advertised as having built  freeview HD. Have had freeview HD on this tv since 2018. 

All changed after the storms hence calling out the aerial company who double checked all the aerials on each block of flats. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@golders1 The Built in Freeview should be fine,though some may prefer external Boxes. If aerial is the issue will not provide a solution,though realise company have not detected a fault.  Are you up to date with Firmware,latest is 1300.3  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE65MU7000TXXU/ 

0 Likes
golders1
Apprentice
Options

Firmware up to date and manual tuning did not resolve issue.

Only thing left is to go back to aerial engineers who did seem very very adamant the HD signal was being received up the wall socket which they tested in front of me. Stumped for now!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@golders1 pity but worth a try. Thanks for confirming.. Need to see if engineers have any further advice.

0 Likes