Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ue65js9000 screen problem

(Topic created on: 24-01-2019 04:47 PM)
Jm2019
First Poster
Options

Tv 3yrs old screen gone very bright and benzel getting verry warm down both left and right sides...called samsung done pic test faid all...as over 12mnths old. told take to repairshop...no help atall...as anyone else had this problem as paying over 3k for a tv you would think it would last longer than 3 yrs....ive enclosed pics of screen any help would be greatfull folks..done factory reset..didnt help...dark line across white screens aswell shown on pic...wont be buying anything else with samsung badge on anymore i think. IMG-20190121-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20190121-WA0015.jpeg

IMG-20190121-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20190121-WA0017.jpeg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Jm2019: If you TV has failed a picture test on all 3 categories then this does require an engineers inspection at one of our authorised Support Centres. If the TV is over 12 months old then a charge will be applicable, however this comes with the assurance that genuine parts will be used and the TV will be returned to its former glory.
0 Likes
Jm2019
First Poster
Options
Called the authrised repair shop in area samsung recomended told the guy on phone what the problem is...sent him pics and he said could be looking around 800 pounds to repair...nice work samsung as there looks to be lots of these tvs with fault after few yrs in the forums...why sell top end items that people work there fingers off save like hell to buy for them to go wrong and cost customers $$$$ few yrs after...and only 12mnth wrnty...glad samsung dont make engines for planes as we would be in the soup wouldnt we...
0 Likes
Steve240577
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Bought it 3 years ago from Curry's PC world for the same price, with the soundbar and an R6 egg speaker, spent close to £4k.

3 years on and the sides of the screen is going bright, just like yours - down the sides, it's really obvious if you watch a football or rugby match. 

The wand remote no longer works when I try to scroll left either. 

Considering I have always bought Samsung TVs, tablets, mobiles I have spent a lot with them over the last 10 years, my last 2 TVs were Samsung and my phone is a note 9, none of which are cheap. This is the first time something has gone wrong with one of their products, but it also happens to be the most expensive item. 

Did you manage to fix it? I am looking for a solution. 

Thanks

0 Likes