Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE65F8000 - dark area on RHS of Screen

(Topic created on: 05-09-2022 07:38 PM)
Members_SHIZfok
First Poster
Options

Hi, this is my first time posting

Yesterday, my beloved 7 yr old UE65F8000 TV suddenly developed a darkened area occupying most of the RH side of the screen (as you look at it).  There is also a strong tinge of red.  I wanted to find out if this is likely to be an economical cost fix or whether it's effectively terminal (cheaper to buy another). Up until yesterday, the picture has been 100% perfect. 

I tried the diagnostics and Test 1 was a fail but test 2 seemed Ok. The system then generated a pin code of 1479-8103. The Software version is T-FXPDEUC-1136.0. I also tried changing HDMI cables. powering off and unplugging, checking connections and settings but none of these worked so I suspect it's a physical hardware problem

Two poor pics shown below

20220905_190948 (2).jpg20220905_191014 (2).jpg

Any ideas please  ?

Cheers

Ian

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Could be screen burn or a dry solder joint, enquire at your nearest TV repairer, can advise they likely cost involved
0 Likes
Members_SHIZfok
First Poster
Options

Many thanks for the response. I will be doing just that I guess but thought I'd check on this forum first as I can't believe this precise problem hasn't occurred before. I was sort of hoping someone from Samsung could advise. 

Cheers

Ian

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
It's a 7yo TV what do you expect? It's passed its best time for a new tv
0 Likes
Members_SHIZfok
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice. I have two other older LED TV's which still work fine. One is Toshiba, the other is LG. Both HD.  So i don't accept that they should be considered throwaway after 7 years. If this is the Samsung Design and build philosophy then I'll never buy another.  Actually, I've already had a similar experience with Samsung on an expensive American style Fridge/freezer

However, I love my TV and found the picture to be excellent - until recently of course

Still waiting for any feedback on this specific issue and whether it's fixable at a viable cost

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
How long do you expect a TV to last for? Isn't 7 years that long? A TV has a set amout of hours it lasts before it starts to degrade. The expected life hours before degrading are approximately 40,000 – 100,000 hours or between 4 and 10 years. A 7 year old TV is getting very very close to its expected life time limit before degrade happens. Turn the brightness up
0 Likes