Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55TU7100KXXU 55" Smart 4K Showing Black Screen and Spinner Repeatedly

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 02:28 PM)
sanddevil
Student
Options

I've just bought the UE55TU7100KXXU 55" Smart 4K and I've hooked it up to my Sky HD receiver through a home theatre Sony amp. 

Whilst I watch Sky I am repeatedly seeing the TV screen go black and the spinner appear for a few seconds before the normal Sky broadcast returns. This tends to happen every 20 minutes or so and once it does it frequently occurs an additional 2 or 3 times in quick succession.

To say it is distracting is an understatement and I am far from happy about this phenomenon. Any ideas what may be causing it?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like a signal problem with your Sky Box. Have you checked this in the Sky Box settings? Is terrestrial TV problematic?
0 Likes
sanddevil
Student
Options

Many thanks for replying. The problem only exists on Sky. Terrestrial TV is fine, as is RasPlex which I also play through my amp along with Sky. 

So the problem is isolated to Sky, although it's definitely the TV's spinner that is activated. I have checked the strength and quality of my signal on the settings page of the Sky box and both are high. Furthermore I used my previous plasma 50 TV for a decade with it and had no problems during that period. 

I'm really at a loss with this. 

0 Likes