Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55RU8000 Turning itself on shortly after turning off

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 05:05 PM)
Takmen
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung UE55RU8000 TV with a Harman/Kordon Q60R soundbar. Pretty much everyday I have this issue that I put the TV on standby with the smart remote (the small one) and it goes to sleep for about 20 seconds and turns itself on again by itself. I noticed even when it doesn't turn itself on the remote's LED blinks couple times after about 20 seconds of the turn off command. Which makes me believe the issue is originated with the remote.

I tried number of things, connected the soundbar with optical cable instead of bluetooth and turned off anynet+ cec on TV as I also have a PS4 connected via HDMI. Still having the same issue. I'd be very greteful if anyone has a clue!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Takmen ,

other devices and connections could be interfering with your TV. Please unplug all external devices, including the aerial, and disconnect from the Wi-Fi network (turn your router off). Re-connect the devices one by one, testing the TV each time, to see if this is still happening. This will help to identify whether an external factor is causing this. 

0 Likes
tjmr58
First Poster
Options

I have done all these things. It still does it. And it's random for both the time and frequency. Sometimes it happens within a minute of turning it off. Other times I've already gone upstairs, gotten in bed and then it turns back on.  And it doesn't happen every day. Sometimes several days will pass before it happens again. I purchased the TV in August of 2019. It's always done it. I've been involved in the IT world for 30 years. If it was more then a pain in the ***** issue I would dig deeper myself but I shouldn't have to. I've purchased multiple items from Samsung over the years. This doesn't make me want to do so in the future.

0 Likes